Burned up my jumper cables today...

RowdyRebel

nothing like a shorted battery to make one's day! had one of the guys I used to work with had a late 80's f150 and the batt would be drained about every other day so he brought it over for me to play with as we were b,s.ing with the rig shut off all of the sudden the fuel pump started running , well long story short the fuel pump relay was bad ..... I can understand why he was going nuts trying to find the problem.

If jumper cables went so hot to melt it means something is too wrong in the vehicle you put them to. Probably short circuit battery or something else in the vehicle such as starter, generator or any power wires. Too probably the same reason the battery came dead. You shouldn't continue jumping unless find the issue. Might turn out as a fire also.

Couple of years ago one of my customers told me sad story.

He had Pontiac Trans Sport van. It was parked near the house in the street.

Once he came in the street from his appartment in the morning and found out his van totally burned off.

He was too surprized because his windows were on the other side of the bilding he lived in.

The matter was there was the other car parked next to his one and it had the starter motor switched on by some reason.

It was parked in 1st gear (stick) and it's starter moved it forward until it hit Pontiac. Than the starter heated over and the car fired up.

Both vehicles were burned totally together.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Changed the fuel filters (skipped them last oil change...time crunch, late, and had to roll out). Also swapped an air valve that's been leaking, and a rubber pancake in a brake chamber that had been leaking every time I stepped on the brakes. Welded up a mudflap bracket that was ripped off the back of the trailer on Friday, and now I'm going to put a new water pump on. The left side kingpin and steer tires will have to wait, because i'm running out of daylight. Yeah, I'm just doing the one side. Did the other side last May and just haven't got a round tuit yet. Never seem to have enough time to get EVERYTHING done, so I try to do the worst stuff first and if it ain't broke, it can wait. I need an indoor shop...with heat...and somebody to do all my running around for me.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

This pump already had the pulley on it...makes the job much easier. Can't finish up 'til tomorrow, though. Busted the damn 45 degree fitting that screws into the water pump that a small line connects to. That and while I was laying under the truck looking up waiting for the coolant to drain, I noticed I need to pick up a band clamp for a turbo hose. It's still holding tight, but the nut & spring are missing.

Fun.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!