am i missing something here (throw out bearing)

Ezrider

so normally i attach a grease hose to my TO bearing so i don't have to pull the inspection cover to grease. well as much as i hate to admit it i never got around to it till today. so i got my grease extension hose and fittings and stuff out that i had bought for the truck a couple months ago climb under and pull the inspection cover, problem is......this setup looks different than anything i am used to and i don't see a grease zerk anywhere for the t/o bearing

post-19171-0-95186500-1421111085_thumb.j

Or the last guy who did the clutch job didn't street elbow over and its pointing straight up at 12:00 which will make it a pain in the ass to install the drop hose kit.

I would undo the pinch bolts on the cross shaft and take the yoke out and then install the drop hose kit then replace the yoke. this will allow you to spin the brg. around to get to the zerk.

• Like 2

i didn't see one on the top. i didn't really look for it either though, next time im in there i will though. as far as the stick method that is how i did it this last time. same way i do my clutch adjustments, i have a breaker bar that's just the right length of wedging the clutch pedal. If i have to do that every time on this truck then i guess thats just what i have to do but i like making common tasks as easy as possible when i can. that way things don't get skipped or put off where as if they are easy they get done every time without fail. not that two bolts and pressing the clutch pedal is that hard but the less steps the better. a lube shop would surly skip them every time.

• 3 weeks later...

If its in a Mack its got a fitting on top and bottom, or should since the fork is on the bottom of the bearing where most builders put it on top. Like above get a couple 90's and run the tube down from the top, Mack should have the kit as stated above.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

If its in a Mack its got a fitting on top and bottom, or should since the fork is on the bottom of the bearing where most builders put it on top. Like above get a couple 90's and run the tube down from the top, Mack should have the kit as stated above.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"