I'm Needing Lots Of Help

So,

I've now got my first Mack truck, and must admit Idon't know the first thing about them. This one is a 1971 set up as a logging truck with a Prentice self-loader. For starters, I'd like some help identifying the model, etc. On the door frame was R763S and a serial number of 1574. Is that enough for soemone out there to tell me a bit about my truck...what model etc? And if you could steer my in the right direction as to where I might get some manuals for this truck, I'd be obliged.

thanks,

~martin

1965 Mack B-74, dump

1974 Mack R, logging w/Prentice self-loader

www.somewhereonthemountain.blogspot.com

What you have is an R-700 model, the 63 designates the driveline. The following numbers are the sequential serial number. I suggest you contact the Mack Museum with this info and request the build information for your truck. It may tiake a little time but what you receive will certainly be beneficial.

I suggest you forward a donation to the museum.

Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

• 3 months later...
What you have is an R-700 model, the 63 designates the driveline. The following numbers are the sequential serial number. I suggest you contact the Mack Museum with this info and request the build information for your truck. It may tiake a little time but what you receive will certainly be beneficial.

I suggest you forward a donation to the museum.

Doug

The mack museum can tell you anything you want to know about your truck when it was built. Including who it was built for. They will most likely send you a build or line sheet if you ask them Good Luck. An R-700 was one of the largest R-models built

The mack museum can tell you anything you want to know about your truck when it was built. Including who it was built for. They will most likely send you a build or line sheet if you ask them Good Luck. An R-700 was one of the largest R-models built

And the BEST! Now don't think I'm biased or anything like that.......

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.