Soaring Fuel Prices Take A Withering Toll On Truckers

Mack 3P

Sad indeed Cost of Fuel (besides my accident back in march ) is the MAJOR reson why i didnt buy the 86 R688ST daycab Tractor or the 91' R690S That i looking to buy & go back on my own after my familys business being sold 3 yrs ago due to my granddad's death in 2005 .

Ive got the Work lined up for a tractor pulling a dumpwagon, lowboy , grain trainers & containers but WHY Should i pay cash for a truck & Fuel going up every day & the rates stay the same & possibly have the :mack1: sitting in the yard cause i couldnt afford to say put brakes on due to i had to buy fuel that was $4.45 (today's cost 5/28/08) or any other repairs for that matter i dont want to do back in the business & couldnt make ends meet due to the cost of fuel & the rates NOT GO UP W/ THE COST OF FUEL .

I say we go to burning cooking grease in the trucks . ;)

Herd the other day a local dumpwagon operation based bout 45 miles north of me was caught w/ 7 trucks running bio diesel & the fine was $100.00 for every gallon in the tanks & each W900 KW had bout 200 gallon or better saddle tanks

i asked why TDOT Would bust them for running bio diesel what i was told was there was no Sulfer in Bio diesel anybody herd of this problem else where ? BIG BROTHER & THE OIL COMPANIES ARE GETTING RIDICULOUS TO WHERE A SMALL Trucking , farming or constuction co. can make a decent living this a bunch of :icon_bs: that has to come to halt

I always herd what goes up must come down but the cost of fuel i dont belive it will come back down anytime soon the rates danm sure anit changed

Sorry for the rant yall BUT :

FELLOW AMERICANS ASSUME THE POSTION :angry:

just my 2 cents yall

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

I noted the CITGO logo in the above cartoon. Did you know gas is 12 cents a gallon in the home country of CITGO! (I would spell it but my spanish is bad but it is that country in South America run by a communist dictator.)

Jim

Venezuela.

Hugo Chavez is the dictator.

Currently Diesel fuel is 4.799 here. WTF.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

I put in $100 last weekend for a short run. $100 got me 20 gallons @$4.99. a gallon. Prices are up and down here one place had $4.78 yesterday and now its at $4.85 today??? down the street its been holding at $4.70

Trent is was $4.45 yesterday in Atoka (bout 10 miles north of Millington ) & was $4.38 @ Krogers in Millington yesterday can tell yall later what is running here after i get back from therpy

later yall

:mack1: hello guys this is a world wide problem and only the goverment is the laughing third party. here in the netherlands 70% of the price of fuel is for the state.there are a lot of truckers in europe how wanne strike they drive slowly on highways the blow there horns and let not pass the cars also farmers are on strike and fisherman they blocking harbours. in germany over 60000 farmers trough there milk away because the low prices now the are creating a shortage of milk in the supermarkets after 1 day some manufacters must close there plant and can not produce any products for there customers.iff goverments not willing to listen to the poeple it could be going worse.this is not they end.that they must do something is for sure.put every truck at home for 1 week and you cant find any food or gas anywhere.greetings rene :mack1::angry::angry:

Udate : Diesel prices here in the Millington, Atoka, & Munford area range from $ 4.45 to $ 4.75 a gallon right now sure it will go up again tomrrow :angry:

Rene thats what needs to happen here in the states also make some the politicans & oil companies wake up when they cant get clothes or thier backs or food on the table or even thier POO PUMPED OUT ;)

later yall