RD Interior

Unfortunately, I haven't had a whole lot of time to get far on it... But I'm "kinda sorta" working on my RD. I built a new roll off hoist for it... Needed a clutch, trans front and rear seal were leaking, pto was leaking, rear main was leaking...

So... If a guy has to pull the floor boards out to get at the trans mounts, may as well keep going, right? =)

Whats my point? heh I'm looking for ideas for what to do with the interior! I've looked through some of the pictures here on bigmacktrucks, but I still have a long ways to go!

I'm going to dynamat (or equivalent) everything inside, and the "kick panel" may be a good place to use that piece of aluminum deck plate that has been leaning up against the wall for 6 months! Don't think I care too much about keeping anything original (part of me thinks it would be cool, but part of me thinks it would be awesome to have the exterior of a '80 RD, but the interior of a plush high rise condo)

Attached is the start... Hopefully I can spend some time with it...

Charlie

post-17668-0-87523100-1416496084_thumb.j

post-17668-0-49284400-1416496125_thumb.j

post-17668-0-47453100-1416496138_thumb.j

post-17668-0-87939200-1416496151_thumb.j

Thanks for sharing pics of your project.

Unfortunatley, I don't have any ideas for your interior. I guess I'm not very imaginative, I kinda like original. Or close to it.

Not saying custom isn't cool, just not my taste .

Hopefully you keep posting pics of your progress. Its looking good so far.

Keith

Keith 

85snowdog: I'll do my best to keep pictures comin' =)

Dirtymilkman: I was wondering about the Dynamat inside the doors. I would guess that the Dynamat would actually go on the inside, of the outside skin, correct? If I'm remembering right, all the window crank and door handle stuff is mounted to the inside panel?

When you mention black dash, are you talking about the "factory dash", just all black? This one is cracked up pretty bad, not sure if I'll try to find a replacement for it... or build my own.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...