E-7 427

dzlsrtbd

Depending on the exact ETECH style engine ( ETECH, CCRS or ASET) it could be as simple as a download to go from 427 to 460. However some models require different turbos and/or injectors. We made a large homemade chart on all the different HP's and model types and their differences. If not done correctly you wont gain anything.

The regular ETECH was made starting sometime in late 1998 till sometime in 2001/2002. There was some 01's with the CCRS engine and some 02's with the ETECH style. Alot of over lap during thoses years. The easiest way to tell the difference in ETECH vs CCRS is the ETECH has a small plastic fuel return line coming off the front ( some times rear on the early models) of the head going down to the fuel pressure regulator on the side of the block , above the air compressor. On a side note the ETECH engine uses different cam gear key ways depending on HP level. Going from 400 up to 427/460 requires a cam key way change or you will run hot in the summer. All CCRS and ASET have straight keyways regardless of HP. CCRS engines started somewhere in 2002 and looked just like the ETECH ( except no plastic fuel return on head). But used different injectors and EUP's and camshaft. CCRS 460 HP started the use of a waste gated turbo. The ASET AC engine in the CX/CH and CHN/CXN was really just a CCRS with a EGR system on it and VGT turbo. The ASET AI engine used in the CV, MR, LE ( and maybe last of the RD/RB) was a CCRS with a weird camshaft that opened the exhaust valves 2 times for every one time the intake opened. Reburning the exhaust like a EGR system. Of course there were alot of other differences but those were the major ones I can think of.

With a 2001 Etech, look at rochester fuel injection for performance, a few guys on here have had good results with their stage 2 injectors, the factory ecm upgrades are normally a waste of time and money when you can swap injectors and turbo and add over 100hp to the ground with the stock program. just my two cents

http://www.rochesterfuel.com/products/mack-performance/

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Makes me so freaking happy I could shit to hear that a 12 liter Etech runs with and pulls better than a 16 liter Volvo.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Its not a stock etech . big difference. That 525 only has 1860 torque the 460 if its a xt has 1760 in stock form. Add stage 2 injectors and your probably up to 1900 or more and probably 550 HP so not a surprise. Plus the mp 10 isn't broke in. I know our 460xt with stage 2 injectors would out pull our stock e9 500 . also the heavier you load the mp10 the more impressive they are . I pull 115 k the same speed as I do at 100 k .

Yeah i dont like the quiet exhaust on the new ones. I'd say the engine brake is the best thing about the titans. That and the commanding view of the road. Mine has the 2060 torque so it pulls like a freight train. Ive passed some triaxle dumps with my truck and pup grossing 35 k more than them . one was superliner with a 350 and the other a Volvo with a 465. I think in a few years we will get the scr/dpf delete kits for ours.

Mountain west truck is my only option for local help in Utah that I know of and they claim that the 460 upgrade is different than the 455 program. I have the fuel return on the side of the block and non waste gate turbo. I was also told IF Mack approves the upgrade I might have to change turbo and injectors. My confidence in mountain west is slim due to them screwing up my truck when they did the overhead now it does not hold as good and I lost one full gear on the hills.

dzlsrtbd, if you go with a mack upgrade you WILL be UNhappy, the difference is not worth the money and they will do it all factory spec, you could make more hp for a lot less cash doing what the guys here have done with the rochester stuff.

• Like 1