2005 CHN613 ASET 427 power/torque/boost loss PLEASE HELP

TorresTransport

Book.says it's an oil condensate filter to keep oil out of the system.  Depending on Build Date of the engine it may not have had one from factory. I think the pages I sent indicate May 2004 as the change over time frame.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Artful dodger said:

That vgt filter that has been removed doesn’t that filter the oil out of the air that runs to the actuator on the turbo or am I way off 

It protects the "Control Valve" from "coking."

Buddy, its a filter,,  it filters all the bad stuff from the VGT actualter..  oil, dirt, what ever..  Yours is the first one I have seen with it removed..  and Ive worked on a lot of them,,,  

Ya that’s what I thought I can show you how they rerouted the air lines around it my thoughts on all this was hienz ran down all the turbo info and prices I’m grateful I got good pics from you on what it’s supposed to look like now I can put the diagrams to the pics and make some sense of things.. so my options at this point are new compressor because I honestly believe that all the oil in the airlines is causing a lot of the problems granted the damage is done but if I run clean air start replacing air lines get that filter I’ll have to get the whole set up only thing still on the block are the holes where it was that could prevent further damage to the vgt and everything else that requires air to operate correctly and might prolong the turbo shittin on me for a little longer until I can swing a new turbo so far I’m down around 9000 suspension tires brakes steering gear box  

I cut the (new) suspension off an old hawker truck about in a field took 6 hrs took 6.5  to 7 days to get bad off and out good on .. am I not clear on what that fitter does am I just missing the boat ? It stops oil and shit from getting in the actuator on the turbo ? 

Your not the only one that hasn’t seen one I had said a day or so ago the guy that works on all the trucks where I’m leased on hadn’t ever seen one either all those superdumps are like 07 08 newest is a 22 some have mp8 in them not sure about the rest I can’t see diagram control valve is the one with the silver barrel on top that feeds the actuator on the turbo correct? When they removed that they just looped the airlines around thru this I’ll send pic and down the frame somewhere haven’t found its destination yet control Valve is tucked behind steering arm see the valve with the red hose coming out the top red deal on the front of it they just made a loop from control valve to that and out agin towards back of IMG_5336.thumb.jpeg.a5b13468a40e775e30bc4352bc6e7dec.jpeg

I didn't think to look yesterday, was focused on the turbo, but your truck did have a VGT filter, same spot that I sent pictures of before. Interesting someone would remove it. I definitely agree in fixing smaller items first and saving the turbo for later, if it works fine enough there's no use in going that much in the hole. 

About the turbo, I was talking to our shop foreman yesterday about your issues and the rule about selling, and he said he could help us get you the turbo whenever/if you end up doing it.  

13 hours ago, Artful dodger said:

Ya that’s what I thought I can show you how they rerouted the air lines around it my thoughts on all this was hienz ran down all the turbo info and prices I’m grateful I got good pics from you on what it’s supposed to look like now I can put the diagrams to the pics and make some sense of things.. so my options at this point are new compressor because I honestly believe that all the oil in the airlines is causing a lot of the problems granted the damage is done but if I run clean air start replacing air lines get that filter I’ll have to get the whole set up only thing still on the block are the holes where it was that could prevent further damage to the vgt and everything else that requires air to operate correctly and might prolong the turbo shittin on me for a little longer until I can swing a new turbo so far I’m down around 9000 suspension tires brakes steering gear box  

As long as you got a handle on how to make it pull ! I agree with doing the small stuff first! compressor VGT filter ect makes good sense! Turbo can come later!

Thanks guys I’m workin on getting the compressor now Heinz when I get it I’ll get it from you you have busted ur ass helping me that’s the least I can do can you see if you all can get that filter assembly or I’m gonna have to rob it from another motor

1 hour ago, Artful dodger said:

Thanks guys I’m workin on getting the compressor now Heinz when I get it I’ll get it from you you have busted ur ass helping me that’s the least I can do can you see if you all can get that filter assembly or I’m gonna have to rob it from another motor

If you can rob it from another motor, I'd recommend trying that. It'll likely be around $300 for the base (comes with filter) from a dealer, and I don't see many aftermarket options that are much cheaper. Part number 25502528 (279GB52M old Mack number). You'll want at least two 9° 1/4" elbows and other brass to run the tubing through it. 

Thanks hon. I’ll see if I can run down another motor but I don’t know. I just ordered the compressor. It’s $1600.13 something for the gear or for the compressor and 195 for the gear but gotta do it.

Jesus Joe lmao you may be right !! Fellas I got compressor ordered it’s being shipped did not expect to be 1600 dollars but is what it is so I noticed today that if I run the truck and keep it from blowing smoke it stays running pretty well all day if I let it puke the smoke 1 time and it chokes itself it’s a fight from then on 

You mean thru the egr everything is hooked up the way it would be if it was operational exhaust manifold gasket is on back order.   does that sound right or am I being fed some horseshit about that cause they just forgot to get them ?

Yes hold on I’ll snap a pick of the pipe we pulled that was plugged I forgot about that the pipe coming out of her cooler that runs under the turbo to the egr valve is the one that was leaking air bad pulled it and it’s plugged IMG_5316.thumb.jpeg.2ca6686155c17b0add62a92032bf11d4.jpeg