2005 CHN613 ASET 427 power/torque/boost loss PLEASE HELP

TorresTransport

2 hours ago, Artful dodger said:

Ring nozzle I’ll look at that as well everything is sooted up lol I’ve washed and washed cleaned contacts fuses I’ve spent last 2 days hunting for the prob truck has to work tomorrow

This turbo has no nozzle It has variable vanes! Check to make sure it is stroking! Yes it can still be electrical! You still may have to free up the shaft and pin! Make sure it hits the stops top and bottom!

Hey man , I just appreciate you coming to the table with ideas we had 1 guy around here who was absolutely a 1rst rate Mack guy he loved um bout all he would work on. Well he got sick man ..the fella helping me out with this all he does is maintain a fleet of Mack super dumps he looked at me when he saw this motor and said he had honestly never seen one like it before so everybody involved is fishing thanks for the help keep it coming gona run it today see what happens !! 

2 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Sorry bud,  i really thought it was called a ring nozzle..  :(

Same Idea Joe ! Different Concept is all! The statement wasn't Meant to degrade your opinion! These can carbon up too! BorgWarner turbos! These were a disaster at first these were popping left right and center in the first year till they got a handle on the programing! The trucks would come in with 10 lbs boost at idle! a wheel speed of 43000 rpm! Once they dropped the wheel speed down to 23000 and boost to  more or less zero ! the issues seem to go  down to a dull roar! My theory was the side loading with lower oil pressure they never told us what the issue really was! other than heat!😡 Typical! Need to know basis stuff! your not included! We had half a dozen trucks on the sales lot robbed of turbos just to keep guys running for the first six months! Embarrassing as hell! 

• Like 1

Can these turbos be replaced on these motors with a different kind or is the motor programmed for these specifically? and I appreciate both of you for staying with me on this. It’s not over but what I did do yesterday and last evening the fuse panel was pretty corroded. I cleaned that and the fuses got all the crap off of them in the relays and I took contact cleaner to the injector pumps on the side of the motor. I sprayed a little bit of starter fluid around the boots and any of the clamps engine didn’t rev so I still haven’t found where the leak is. If there is one it is running better this morning. I also replaced the long airline running from the compressor to the dryer because that compressor is slinging a lot of oil so the lines are got oil in them and replace the return fuel. I don’t know if this helped or not or if it’s just a flute that it’s doing better I’ve got to change The compressor out eventually thanks fellas

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

I dont know about different turbos.  I have only replaced parts with OEM parts.

Same here.

I imagine using any other turbo would need some aftermarket tuner to program it, which I have no idea on what to recommend. I don't think the turbo off an AI ASET will work, they have different manifolds and turbo mount gaskets, but I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Artful dodger said:

The AI motors were terrible. Weren’t they from what I’ve read I haven’t heard anybody say anything good about them and I believe just about lost their ass on them didn’t they?

The ai stock was a dog but reliable! With the proper mods  manifolds and or an ac cam they perform well! All this stuff let them breath properly!they worked well ! Aside from the odd bad turbo they worked well with mods!Hope we can get you worked thru your issues!

• Like 1

I hope so too I love the truck man and I will spend the time to fix it up and look nice and run great it wasn’t very well taken care of I got a good deal on it but he did a very good job hiding the things that where wrong the steering box came apart 2 miles from my house the day I brought it home it was carefully siliconed and painted I had to put new suspension on it 2 weeks after I got it wondered how that happend so did some research ask some folks about Hendrickson air ride and the air bags have stops in them … if you use the correct air bags if you don’t and use 1 with stops 8 inch and one with 4 inch and 2 with none it stresses suspension and caused it to slide an inch and a half and crack rear end case been a hell of a go not much quit in me that or I’m just too stupid to give up lol I appreciate u all I’m sure we will figure it out thanks 71634439054__AF8982DF-D7C4-42F4-B62E-65B6D022E950.thumb.jpeg.324aad54837146f5aa97e1661ec40559.jpeg

IMG_3819.jpeg

So if I’m right about the vgt it has the silver little barrel on top air lines running into it on drivers side it has a diaphragm on the front facing headlights that direction anyway … ther is oil coming out of that diaphragm seals are shit on the compressor I’ve takin it apart cleaned it whole nine but I’m wondering if that oil in the air lines isn’t affecting the way the vgt is functioning ??? IMG_5318.thumb.jpeg.a134c0198cd97602e60d23e2423a4882.jpeg

20 hours ago, Artful dodger said:

The AI motors were terrible. Weren’t they from what I’ve read I haven’t heard anybody say anything good about them and I believe just about lost their ass on them didn’t they?

No the AI ones are good, the AC ones are shit. Sorry bud.

The AI ones use a bump on the exhaust lobes to pop exhaust valves open during intake, combined with restrictive exhaust manifold and turbo to create back pressure. That's the EGR system.  Pop some pre AI engine parts on there instead and you're done, good to go, and no cop will ever know it's deleted, and no effect on computer software.   The AC motor has that external EGR, vgt turbo, extra sensors, different eecu.... 

Edited by JoeH

That figures whoever wrote the article about the AI motors. I think they were talking about 2004 and he must’ve just got a bad one and was pissed off. Said they went through turbo and everything like crazy another theory. I don’t know if you saw the post I put up do you think that oil from, the compressor going through that vgt could be causing it to not work properly and why wrong that subject what AI parts are you talking about? What do I need to get if that’s the route I go

13 minutes ago, Artful dodger said:

Never mind I still don’t know what I’m lookin at I’ll try to look up a location

Follow the plastic line that leads to that controler back down the VGT filter should be directly below it near the oil pan!  also  There should be a valve on the fire wall to shut it off to change that filter!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Artful dodger said:

Never mind I still don’t know what I’m lookin at I’ll try to look up a location

Here, I'll post the pictures of what Impact shows and try to explain a little to help out:

image.png.eab6b140289bf5e9feaacb308ac711a1.png

This is looking at the truck from the front passenger side. The actual VGT is the turbo, which is OPTION 1. The filter in question is in OPTION B, which I'll show below. It goes to the driver's side of the engine.

image.png.0d6c9256247064050349c87cfb5a1eab.png

OPTION 15A is the filter FJH is talking about. It should be identical to the 2006 CXU we have in the shop I used to find this. Mack part number is 25502444, WIX cross is 49458. It's mounted on the engine right next to the oil filters. 

The afore mentioned truck in our shop has different issues, but me and the foreman noticed when the tech revved the engine after fixing a misfire the turbo made a nice little metal-on-metal noise for a split second, like the turbo isn't getting the proper oil quick enough. Fun stuff! 

• Like 1