The Passing Of Snowy Doe

It is with sadness that I post this message. Snowy was a wealth of knowledge and offered his support whenever called upon. The ATCA and our members can be grateful for his contributions to Double Clutch where he shared a small portion of dwindling Mack history with us. A conversation with Snowy was filled with undocumented Mack historical facts that simply were a result of experience and a devotion to his work. The Antique Truck Club of America and Mack Truck enthusiasts worldwide mourn the passing of Snowy.

Snowman W. Snowy Doe, 84, of Macungie, died April 30, 2008 in Lehigh Center. He was the husband of Edna M. (Schroder) Doe. They celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary in June 2007. Born in Worcester, Mass., he was the son of the late Arthur W. and Gladys A. (Sprague) Doe. He worked for Mack Trucks for 37 years, retiring in September 1984 as Head of International Service Engineering. Upon retirement, he served as the curator of the Mack Truck Museum. He was a member of Faith Presbyterian Church, Emmaus. He was a 50-year member of Jerusalem Lodge 26 F.&A.M., Plainfield, N.J. where he served as Past Master, and was a member of the Rajah Shrine and the Allentown Consistory. He was a member of the Society of Automotive Engineers and was an active Boy Scouts leader. He honorably served his country with the 245th Combat Engineers in the European Theater with the 3rd Army. Survivors: Wife; son, Dr. Lawrence W. Doe and wife Patricia L. of Annapolis, Md.; daughters, Deborah E. Doe of Bristol, N.H. and Sally B. Urban of Emmaus; Sister, Barbara G. Poole of Macungie; Grandchildren, Lawrence W. Doe, Jr. of Crownsville, Md., Christopher T. Doe and wife Jennifer of Abingdon, Md., and Andrea E. Urban of Birdsboro. Services: Funeral Services 2:30 p.m. Sunday, May 4, in Faith Presbyterian Church, North 2nd and Cherokee Streets, Emmaus. Viewing Sunday 1- 2:30 p.m. in the church. Entombment Monday, May 5, at 1:00 PM in Cedar Hill Memorial Park. Schantz Funeral Home Inc., Emmaus is in charge of arrangements. Contributions: In lieu of flowers, may be made to the church, or the Rajah Shrine, P.O. Box 40, Blandon, PA 19510.

Published in the Morning Call on 5/2/2008.

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

MY Thoughts & prayers go out to the family

IM living proof what the Shriners can do for a crippled child as i have a lite case of C.P. (Ceveral Palsy ) on my left side & Went though 4 surguries (spell?) as a child in the St. Louis Shrinners hospital from age 5 to age 16 for surguries & check ups it may slow me down but it durn sure anit stopped me & i anit gonna let it stop me ;)

i Support the Shrinners every chance i get & if i had the money to donate right now i would donate to the Rajah Shrine in Snowys honor & will do it as sonn as i get back to work after the Dr's realease me

i enjoyed reading his articles in Double clutch (as my friend was a member of ATCA) & gave me his magazines to read he was a fountain of :MackLogo: history

May he R.I.P. & May God bless his family

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

Always enjoyed speaking with him myself. Instumental in directing me on "where to go", (for parts) during my early days upon acquiring my "A" model, and several "B" models. All of the information I have on my trucks was procured by him. Always a joy to converse with and will be missed.

R.I.P. Snowy

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Sad to hear about Snowy. What else could be said about this great Mack "Ambassador". Very proud to have met him and to shake the hand of the legend himself. He was an all around great guy who could hardly wait (seemed like) for the next question or request for material to come his way. He was truly" family" to anyone who follows the Bulldog. He will be missed. Good Bye, Snowy... :mack1:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 1 month later...