I bought 2 of them yesterday, one still has the safety seals still on the fuel pump. I thought all of them were turned up at one point in there life. I was just wandering cause they look like a big piece of iron with all the accessory on them

I don't know yet, I was kicking the idea around maybe putting one in one of my RS700Ls. the 72 runs good and has the Page & Page Dial-A-Ride suspension with Mack rears but I was going to use the 73 that has a spun rod and put a 97 cutoff with 3.65 rears with a RTO 13 speed Roadranger behind the 865, don't plan on hauling anything with it, cabs need replaced on both of them. too many projects, not enough money. I have been thinking about buying them since last year and bit the bullet yesterday, they are complete including clutch,starter,power steering pump, alternator.

I may have gave too much ( $ 800 each ) the guy at the truck salvage said they ran good. they both came out of F Models, ones a 77 and the other is a late 73. (at least I have enough parts to keep one of them running, I have 4 now) I wish one or both were 866s. which is the better engine of the two the 865 or 866. I never known how to post pictures, I got a new camera I might try sometime. Thanks Ron

I never ran one on the road but liked the sound of them ( not an E9 but hey its a V8 Mack ) and to tinker around with. and I hated to see them go to scrap when he got tired of keeping them around, about a year ago he got rid of a 864 don't know how much he got out of it. have you been driving yours??