Hello From Canada

Bullheaded

Hello my name is Shawn. I'm a dump truck owner from Ontario, Canada. Mack has always been my favourite and this site is a dream come true. :D A place to talk :mack1: I currently own an International, due to wanting a little more power than what the 05 E7 460 had to offer and I didn't want a Cummins due to little dealer support in my area. But I am looking forward to an R Model or Superliner project in the future. So this site is just what I need to stay in the loop.

I've driven many Macks in the past such as R Models, Superliners, Ultraliners, CL's, CH's, and Granites.

They were dump truck/pony combinations and tractors with 5 and 6 axle dump and walking floor trailers. My favourites have always been the R with E6 350 and the Superliners and Ultraliners with the E9 500. post-2303-1208214428_thumb.jpg

Here what the book that came with the bus say

Engine Model ( Mack Thermodyne Diesel ) ....................ENDT-673

Bore & Stroke............( in. )..........................................4-7/8x6

Displacement....................................................................

Compression Ratio.....................................................16:59 to 1

Horsepower.................................................( AMA ).................57

Governed Speed, Full- Load.........................( rpm )...............2100

Governed Speed, No-Load...........................( rpm )...............2250

Idling Seed ( in Neutral )..............................( rpm )..........550-600

Wheelbace..................................................( in ).............274-1/2

Suspension..........................................Mack Airglide ( Firestone )

Steering.............................................................Vicers Hydraulic

Transmission.......................................TR91 Mechanical - 4 speed

Front Axle.......................................................................FA 516

Rear Axle......................................................................RAS 405

Carrier.........................................................................

RS63

Ratio..........................................................................4

20 - 1

I wish I knew how many were made of this type some one told me it was not many at all?

Edited by Skullsquadron X

:WELCOME: What part of Ontario are you from? One of my good friends lives in Elliot Lake.

Hello everyone. I'm just north of Sault Ste. Marie, Other Dog. About 3.5 hours from Elliot Lake. They have real nice ATV trails around Elliot Lake :thumb:

Thanks for the specs Skullsquadron X. I knew Mack used to be a big producer of buses, but I didn't know much about them. I always focused my attention on trucks. Plus I've never saw a Mack bus in this area ever. Interesting. :clap:

That bus looks like a model 97D,if it is,they only made 26 of them.

Its a 97D I found a photo with the model under the photo. Can I ask you how you know this, did ya work for Mack or something. Please I'd like to know? Thank you.

Earlier when I frist post my interduction I say this was a model C-49DM I believe I was wrong. The tec. book that came with it say model C-49DM, but the photo I found tell me differ. The details I list could be wrong as well, or not ?.

Edited by Skullsquadron X