1999 ch613 quit while driving down highway now no start

Tgulley
Go to solution Solved by Tgulley,

Truck was driving down highway and quit. Will not start check for fuel while cranking and plenty of fuel replaced cam sensor still no start.

Tried to hook Jpro to truck and it tells me no communication data. Any help insight would be appreciatted

Could be a module causing the issue. ABS, vecu, eecu, and any other modules and gps units tied into the commu ication lines or the J1939 connector under the hood and the harness connector on top of the trans. Definatly need to know what the blink codes are.

Mack has a safety recall out about what Dirtymilkman & rolloffron were talking about.

Safety recall #: SC0375

Summary:

Description of Defect:

The Electronic Power Distribution Module may be contaminated from water leaks in and around the windshield. If exposed

to water leaks, contaminants such as road salt may deposit on the power distribution module. If this occurs, circuits may be

bridged creating a high resistance short that may result in a vehicle fire.

Models/ Model Years Affected:

Mack: Certain Mack CHU, CXU, GU and TD model vehicles manufactured from June16, 2009 through July 8, 2011.

Vehicle Quantities:

Mack: 22,450 in Total (16,428 U.S., 2,462 Canada and 3,560 Export)

Mine falls under the recall.....i know it's gonna vary from one dealer to the next, but is it something they would fix while it's in for something else, or not until its in for one of the symptoms?

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

K. I'll have a look. It been in ALOT in the last little while for emissions crap. I don't get to see the invoices as to what was done, but I'll have a peek and see if it's been done.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....