4 MH models AT ritchie brothers auction in Canada for sale

Marcel67

Ah....guess I could have read it and paid attention......I'm not too far from you (but far enough lol), but ritchie bros always meant Bolton....should have guessed their "cross canada"......my bad :)

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

I'm going out next weekend to view the Ultraliners, but should I also be looking closely at this 81 Valueliner dumptruck.... ??

interior seems very tidy for a dump truck in this region....

probably never used by the 'wrap around stetson' crowd.. :whistling:

https://www.rbauction.com/1981-mack-rs685ls-value-liner?invId=4032661&id=ci

BC Mack

Do they allow the 'wrap around Stetson' bunch to haul dirt? I thought the cabs were too small for - wheel holder, navigator, and camel groomer. Ooops was I thinking out loud thru my fingers again.

Ha Ha, good one..

that bunch has the dump truck industry just about sewn up around here, vehicle of choice is a P****bilt towing a transfer trailer with as much lights and chrome as they can fit..

they also got the port container traffic but 300 of them just went on strike 'cos they bid so low they can't afford the fuel now at over $1.50 a litre ($5.10us per usgal)... costing our economy $800Mil a week...

BC Mack

Went to preview them today....

the MH's are pretty rough, they were up in northern Alberta and the salt/corrosion has got hold of them... previously advertised for 5 grand so it will be interesting to see if auction fever will do the owner a favour...

the RS685LS Valueliner was in tidy condition for an '81... cab was clean and tidy, but basic.

BC Mack

Edited by BC Mack

On 3/23/2014 at 7:47 PM, Marcel67 said:

If it wasn't that far away I just would have bought the E9 for the engine and some other parts.

Well Marcel.. you saved yourself a bunch of money and time....

there I sat waiting to bid on the MH E9, Sabre 28, and the numbers flashed by my estimate...... until it reached SIX thousand dollars.

now, if it was a gem of a truck my hand would have still been up, but it was very corroded, had a broken A pillar and I mean broken clean through, the starter was missing all the bolts and was hanging by the wires, and the interior was shabby...

it was advertised for sale on the owners website for 5000, so go figure what happened... auction fever..!!!

but... it just raised the value of OUR Ultraliners... so, thank you mr buyer !!!.

the three E7-400 MH's sold for $4250

BC Mack

I've added a few photos....

outside of a truck show it's got to be a rare event to see 4 MH's in line

the RS685LS sold for 7500 and the Pacific for 8000

Edited by BC Mack
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Wow, must be a export guy for africa or South America that bid that high!

Marcel... I am so happy to tell you... wrong!!!!!! :banana:

the E9 MH has joined the collection of the Mack dealer in Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, BC.....

I exchanged a few e-mails with the owner and will one day bring mine over to his "gatherings" as it is literally 40 miles away from me but.... a 2hr boat ride..

for a read-up on the collection, and I hope the Gods of internet governance don't come down on me... here is the forum info from our dear friends at Hanks... MH on page 2.

http://hankstruckforum.com/htforum/index.php?PHPSESSID=dadnr4is5i3ll2t6gcn8c7gng1&topic=71044.0

and... for the Superliner guys... there's something for you to drool over too...

BC Mack

I'm glad to hear that E9 MH ended up in good hands. Would that be Island Mack Trucks sales I believe it was called, that has it now. In 94 my dad bought a new E9 powered CL 613 and the wait on ordering one was too long so our dealer in Windsor pulled it from the lot in Vancover Island.

Bad Dog

others may correct me but... I believe Island Mack closed in 2001, the new franchise taking over soon after this..

my MH came from Island Mack, did your dad's truck have the dealer plate like on mine?

BC Mack

post-10384-0-81209400-1400804939_thumb.j

Marcel... I am so happy to tell you... wrong!!!!!! :banana:

the E9 MH has joined the collection of the Mack dealer in Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, BC.....

I exchanged a few e-mails with the owner and will one day bring mine over to his "gatherings" as it is literally 40 miles away from me but.... a 2hr boat ride..

for a read-up on the collection, and I hope the Gods of internet governance don't come down on me... here is the forum info from our dear friends at Hanks... MH on page 2.

http://hankstruckforum.com/htforum/index.php?PHPSESSID=dadnr4is5i3ll2t6gcn8c7gng1&topic=71044.0

and... for the Superliner guys... there's something for you to drool over too...

BC Mack

That's great news!