One more electrical question.....

OK, SWITCHED MY B MOD FROM GEN. TO ALTERNATOR. ORIGINAL WIRING HAD A #8 WIRE GOING FROM BACK OF AMMETER TO LIGHT SWITCH, THEN TO FUSE PANEL. ( ASSUME THAT LIGHT SWITCH WAS HOT ALL THE TIME)

NEW WIRING AND REPLACING AMM. WITH VOLTMETER....WHERE SHOULD I HOOK HOT WIRE TO ALTERNATOR FROM?? DIRECT OFF STARTER SOLENOID, OR FROM SOLENOID MOUNTED ON FIREWALL??

VOLT METER GETS ONE SIDE + TO IGN. SWITCH AND OTHER SIDE - TO ENG. GRND. CORRECT??

WHERE DO I CONNECT #8 WIRE THAT WAS GOING FROM AMM. TO LITE SWITCH??? FROM SOLENOID ON FIREWALL TO LITE SWITCH??

THE WIRING DIAGRAM ON WIKI DOES NOT SHOW HOOKUP FOR VOLT METER, SO I PUT THE QUESTION OUT THERE TO THE EXPERTS

THANKS, RUSTY

I ran alt wire directly back to solenoid on starter, #6 I think? Bigger the better.

I just hooked the voltmeter onto the ignition switch so that it comes on with key, and ground to cab. Pretty sure I just taped off the alt wires and left them alone. Been 12 yrs, so details are fuzzy.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

hi, is your truck positive ground or negative ground. there should be two solenoid on the cow ,if it is neg. ground then hook the wire to positive side of battery or from positive side of solenoid then to battery.

hope this helps because when the key is turn on the solenoid is then + positive on the other side then that wire leads to the panel box, that is where the head light switch should gets power through a fuse. there are a couple of ways but you need a fuse or breaker in line if a switch is in line. if I can I while

try to post a diagram.

hi, is your truck positive ground or negative ground. there should be two solenoid on the cow ,if it is neg. ground then hook the wire to positive side of battery or from positive side of solenoid then to battery.

hope this helps because when the key is turn on the solenoid is then + positive on the other side then that wire leads to the panel box, that is where the head light switch should gets power through a fuse. there are a couple of ways but you need a fuse or breaker in line if a switch is in line. if I can I while

try to post a diagram.

NOW WE ARE GETTING CLOSER.....THE TRUCK HAS BEEN CONVERTED TO 12V NEG GRND

THE ORIG MACK WIRING HAS A #8 WIRE GOING FROM ONE SIDE OF AMMETER TO LIGHT SWITCH, THEN OUT OF LIGHT SWITCH TO POWER FUSE BLOCK..AT LEAST THAT'S THE WAY I SEE IT.

THE REPLACEMENT LITE SW. FROM WATTS, HAS A BREAKER ATTACHED DIRECTLY TO IT. SO SHOULD A #8 WIRE GO FROM SOLENOID ON FIREWALL DIRECTLY TO LITE SWITCH.......THATS WAT IM TRYING TO DETERMINE