Tarp Arms, repair or replace

Hello, as most of you know I just bought myself a 79 RD dump. I'm trying to bring a few things up to par and one of them is the tarp system. This my first dump so I'm not familar with this stuff....lol. But my upper arms and axle are in need or repair of replacement. I was wondering which to do. They are the square tube type and I've did some searching but didn't have much luck. Tarps aren't hard to find but the arms and axle parts are what I'm having trouble with. Not even sure what brand etc. mine are. I would also like some recomendations on a tarp. Photos below..thoughts?

post-5458-0-93842600-1393891052_thumb.jp

post-5458-0-25072200-1393891085_thumb.jp

Call Ox Bodies from I think Alabama. I bought mine from them. The square tube type. I like better than aluminum. Just my opinion. Joe D.

Thanks Joe, I wasn't for sure if they made them or if they were aftermarket on their beds. They aren't far from me. I'll check with them in the morning.

Steel arms are stronger. Can be heated up and bent back in shape or welded easier.

Donovan Enterprises has some nice units.

They are two streets over from me and I go there for the rewind spring often.

They have a full kit of motor, tarp, wire, switch, and arms.

Donovan-ent. com

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

All you need are 2 top i=pieces that slide into bottom arm after loosening 2 bolts. Most likely frozen in place but with some heat and a BFH they will move. The cross piece is just tube steel also. Pretty easy fix just weld or bolt top piece to uprights after getting correct length of arms. I have that same setup on my dump close to 10 years no major problems. Joe D.

Think I'm gona make the repairs. I'll probably refab the tarp shaft and repair the upper arms. I'm not the best welder or fabriacater but the guy down the road I use can do just about anything. I'd rather pay him than buy something. Thanks, next subject: pintle hitche ideas. I'll make a new topic thread for that one.