8LL Trans has a little growl going from low to high

Deere Mack

Pricing will be a lot less then having to do syncros on a Mack Trans.

If you have a guy that knows what he is doing, he will pull the Aux box (rear housing) of the transmission that holds the syncro pins and collar while still on the truck.

it can be rebuilt and reinstalled fairly easily after dropping the driveshaft etc.

In Mack's case you would have to pull the entire trans, then pull the rear gearcase, then replace the syncro clutch pack......blah blah....

Saves a ton on labour and the parts are about 2/3rds of what Macks are.

Pricing will be a lot less then having to do syncros on a Mack Trans.

If you have a guy that knows what he is doing, he will pull the Aux box (rear housing) of the transmission that holds the syncro pins and collar while still on the truck.

it can be rebuilt and reinstalled fairly easily after dropping the driveshaft etc.

In Mack's case you would have to pull the entire trans, then pull the rear gearcase, then replace the syncro clutch pack......blah blah....

Saves a ton on labour and the parts are about 2/3rds of what Macks are.

I appreciate the info. I know gears grinding is never a good thing, but can it harm anything else in the trans if it doesn't get fixed or can I drive it until it has to be repaired?. I drover the truck again the other day and it only done it once out of several tries.

On a eaton trans when it grows as your saying between ranges its asking you to repair or I am going to make you pay. Some times what happens is one of the pins break off and fall down and go thru two gears breaking the case.Right now I will more likely need a syncro kit and sliding clutch plus the aux drive gear on the main box plus grease and gaskets and seal.But some times it don't break any gears so its your call.

glenn akers