Dm 800 Dump Trucks

I am interested in any information or photos regarding DM 800 and DM 600 dump trucks that were popular in the NY Metro area, particuarly on Long Island during the 1970 thru 1985 period. Of special interest would be rigs operated by AJ Rizzo, Valdale, Hendrickson Bros., JD Posillico, NY Trap Rock/Gotham Sand and Stone, Joe Farina, Zara and Anthony Grace. I used to work for AJ RIzzo and am in the process of building 1/48 th scale models of these great rigs.

Thanks.

You left out Bonel Contracting from patchogue,they had five or six dm 800 they were all painted the same green with a yellow and cream stripe on the big hood,all had B D bodies,24" rubber,the one I bought off him even had a crome air cleaner,those were the days 250hp quad box and grosin 84000 !

I am interested in any information or photos regarding DM 800 and DM 600 dump trucks that were popular in the NY Metro area, particuarly on Long Island during the 1970 thru 1985 period. Of special interest would be rigs operated by AJ Rizzo, Valdale, Hendrickson Bros., JD Posillico, NY Trap Rock/Gotham Sand and Stone, Joe Farina, Zara and Anthony Grace. I used to work for AJ RIzzo and am in the process of building 1/48 th scale models of these great rigs.

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply. Yes those certainly were the days. 84,000 gvw, that was on a light day. I left Grace/Edenwald's old asphalt plant in Whitestone one day north of 110,000 lbs. I wasn't familair with Bonel Contracting. Would you happen t have any photos? I only now occasionally see an 800 in Manhattan, usually from Laquilla or Cousins in the Bronx. Today seeing a DM around was like seeing a B-81 in the early 80"s.

• Like 1