does anyone know which department this truck belongs to in connecticut

joes mack

post-5260-0-25595200-1384832507.jpg we are looking to buy a newer truck and I saw this truck but there isn't any information on where this truck is from except its from Connecticut. the selling firm didn't give any info as to who owns it just the minimal specs it is a 1991 with a 350 engine and a 1000 gpm pump and 750 gal tank. if any of you could give me any information on the truck I would greatly appreciate it. I looked on fdnytrucks and didn't see it but I might of over looked it. thanks joe post-5260-0-25595200-1384832507.jpg

• Like 1

thanks do you know how to get in contact with the owner. we would like to possibly buy this truck and update our fleet. I know its not a new truck but with the insurance money from the accident of our other mack we will be able to get it fixed and buy another truck which we really need.

Probably too late on this one but jhancock has a posting on "Trucks For Sale" showing a 1983 "CF" for sale in Winchester, NH. The closing date was November 6, 2013; if not sold it may be

still available. That '91 looks nice and has an enclosed cab. Mack stopped making complete fire trucks in 1984, after that Macks came with a variety of different manufacturers' bodies. Grumman

built a lot of the Mack "MB" bodies.

bulldogboy

I have been told by someone that knows the Chesterfield fleet pretty well that this CF is one of the last CF chassis that Mack built. Chesterfield ordered five chassis', 4 pumpers and one RS, and had Grumman do the body work.

Allegedly they retired them early because Mack stopped supplying the front brake discs and the County Attorney would not allow them to use after market brake parts.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

You need to develop a relationship with one of the volunteer companies the Mid Atlantic area that could help you out with apparatus and other equipment that you need. Many of the volunteer companies in this area are quite well off and could provide equipment to you that they no longer need.

There are quite a few volunteer firefighters on this site. I'd ask around to see who might be willing to help out.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

How about it guys? Somebody must know of a better off VFD that could help these folks out. The truck that a VFD sells for the $20K used to pay for the annual banquet would be a godsend to them.

I have taught classes in KY and believe me they are hard up for any help they can get. (For example one student I had was paid minimum wage to work as a career firefighter; 56 hours @ $5.25/hour)

things haven't changed a lot in the last 20 years our operating budget for one year is 8,500 from the state and 2,500 from the county. and things are only going to get worse with the war on coal. (that's where the state gives us the money from the coal severance tax).

I'm with carl ,their are fire companies getting new trucks ,recycle your old trucks to companies that would be very happy to receive, a lot of the trucks wind up overseas, lets keep them here and some day they will be antiques and ready again for a new home. maybe their is a clearing house out their for this cause.