Mack 2 valve tip turbine

Joeyk3d

Sandy Colabella told me he went to Emerson paving wen English closed up. I gotta call him saw him last year.

Well Joey Gulino was Emerson Paving. Joey's dad works for him no and the three brothers sold a portion of the business to Mike Joey's cousins. Now I could tell you some stories also! LOL. Bobby was with DVS for a long time too. I didn't know he was with English. If he was with Mike it was just to fill in I assure you. I have a Jake on my 676 also. Truck is in the weeds needs a cam.

Well Joey Gulino was Emerson Paving. Joey's dad works for him no and the three brothers sold a portion of the business to Mike Joey's cousins. Now I could tell you some stories also! LOL. Bobby was with DVS for a long time too. I didn't know he was with English. If he was with Mike it was just to fill in I assure you. I have a Jake on my 676 also. Truck is in the weeds needs a cam.

i know dean and remember wen he worked there I couldn't wat went on there.. Wat were the signs of bad cam??

which motors you would put gears behind??haha I'm so mixed up

the 300+ was made for use with a 10 speed,and with the operating range,would not work well at all with a 5 or 6 speed.,but you could put any trans. you wanted behind a 675 or 676,I've seen 10 and 13 speed fullers,10 and 12 speed Macks,, them.about anything you can imagine behind .

the 300+ was made for use with a 10 speed,and with the operating range,would not work well at all with a 5 or 6 speed.,but you could put any trans. you wanted behind a 675 or 676,I've seen 10 and 13 speed fullers,10 and 12 speed Macks,, them.about anything you can imagine behind .

now somebody told me if I put a13 in there it would fall right on its face?? Watever that means.. Let me humbly say I'm outa my league when it comes to matching things up..!! I still want to put a different Trans xcept all these different model #s my head starts spinning ?

i know dean and remember wen he worked there I couldn't wat went on there.. Wat were the signs of bad cam??

Well it started popping through the air cleaner and then my mechanic adjusted the valves and did one more time and said that was it as we were at our limit. It's ticking away too. He didn't want to tighten them anymore. He's a good guy and very sharp so. I had a spare motor but when we went over it it was pretty beat. I think I'd rather work with what I have. Some decisions to make in the future and maybe some help from the BMT gurus.

now somebody told me if I put a13 in there it would fall right on its face?? Watever that means.. Let me humbly say I'm outa my league when it comes to matching things up..!! I still want to put a different Trans xcept all these different model #s my head starts spinning ?

If you are going to change the trans put a 12 speed in her. Robinson from Paterson had a later DM with a 12 speed in her. That would be cool.

• Like 1

Well it started popping through the air cleaner and then my mechanic adjusted the valves and did one more time and said that was it as we were at our limit. It's ticking away too. He didn't want to tighten them anymore. He's a good guy and very sharp so. I had a spare motor but when we went over it it was pretty beat. I think I'd rather work with what I have. Some decisions to make in the future and maybe some help from the BMT gurus.

wow scary!! Sometimes I think hear mine do that on the decel.

Well he would adjust it and it would be good for a little while and then start to do it again and he would yell at me don't use the Jake! I had no work for the truck with the economy the past couple of years so it sits in my yard in the weeds. I have to get it running and blow the mice out of her.

If you are going to change the trans put a 12 speed in her. Robinson from Paterson had a later DM with a 12 speed in her. That would be cool.

i was thinkn 12.. Wish I did it first time!! There are different model #s which am I lookin 4??ill search around 4 one..

have seen many 237 and and 250's with worn valves bad from overexcessive jake brake use actually. I dunno what the different numbers meant in later years. have seen Mack drop the N and just put ET675 also. im with Mike, someone put a side mounted cooler off a 285 or 300+ on a 237 block.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

have also taken a 237 apart and seen all the valves worn in the guides and really sloopy from usin the Jake. engine also had a scorched liner and piston and was still runnin strong but when you let off on it it sounded like it was skipping and the Jake was stuck on

I'm sure I have other issues too Maddog. As far as excessive Jake use I don't know what the mason supply did when they had it. I don't think I was too bad with it but I did use it.