Mack 2 valve tip turbine

Joeyk3d

Hey guys wondering if anyone can answer or explain to me.. I have 285 tip turbine. Wat were the differences between 285... 300....315... I have no id plate on my motor serial is etzb675. Chassis # don't help.. Cause Mack tells me it should read ENDT.... It's a 79

John Mauro was down my garage he say the 5 indicates maxi... The 676 was a " shift Motor" as he called it.. Meaning it had a Trans w gears behind it????? I'm so confused!!!

John Mauro was down huh? Tell him I said hello. I talked with him at Florham Park. Bobby Capello has his B81 now. Glen Hammet has his Western Star. I don't know what he means by that. I must have the direct 6 speed as I am pushing 61 MPH at 2100 rpm.

He's gonna come down and turn up pump for me..he had the best lookin trucks!! An ace behind a wrench!! He like many other guys know wat Trans wat rears w wat tires will go wat speeds?? I'm amazed at that.. They know wat combos work and don't work.. I'm lucky I can figure out my paycheck!!

He's gonna come down and turn up pump for me..he had the best lookin trucks!! An ace behind a wrench!! He like many other guys know wat Trans wat rears w wat tires will go wat speeds?? I'm amazed at that.. They know wat combos work and don't work.. I'm lucky I can figure out my paycheck!!

He always did. His RD he says was a lemon but Nick Persico told me he just had so much fuel running through her he was blowing up trans and rears.

What trans do you have in the truck now?

The 237 was a turbo charged maxidyne non inter cooled only need 5 speeds

The 285 was a turbo charged ,side mount charged cooled maxidyne only needed 5 speeds

The 300 was a turbo charged ,front mount intercooled maxidyne needed 5 speeds

The 315 or 300+ was a turbo charged thurmodyne side mount charge cooled,needed 7 or more gears if I recall . It was not a low lugging engine

What trans do you have in the truck now?

The 237 was a turbo charged maxidyne non inter cooled only need 5 speeds

The 285 was a turbo charged ,side mount charged cooled maxidyne only needed 5 speeds

The 300 was a turbo charged ,front mount intercooled maxidyne needed 5 speeds

The 315 or 300+ was a turbo charged thurmodyne side mount charge cooled,needed 7 or more gears if I recall . It was not a low lugging engine

wen we got truck it had no Trans haha. We put a six speed mud stick in there. Was there 2 types of side mount air charge coolers??

Nick persico. Havnt heard that name in a long while. Pulled out of tilcon w him wen I drove for Colabella he still TRUCKIN ??

You drove for Colebella? Then you must know Bobby AKA Gerbal Jammer. Nick was driving for Leslie for a while he is basically retired and sold his RD to an enviromental co from Elmwood Park. Bobby is now driving for Joey Gulino driving his 1988 RD he got from Betts Enviromental. Cloabella had some nice DM's they were always clean.

You drove for Colebella? Then you must know Bobby AKA Gerbal Jammer. Nick was driving for Leslie for a while he is basically retired and sold his RD to an enviromental co from Elmwood Park. Bobby is now driving for Joey Gulino driving his 1988 RD he got from Betts Enviromental. Cloabella had some nice DM's they were always clean.

i could tell stories all nite.. Hyper Kuiper my old man called him!!