Southern iron...

Bigdogtrucker

Found this poor old General in the back end of the junkyard!Was a vac truck so it was very low miles,been there a few years and nobody wanted it.The rears were just sold and will be cut out of it soon.Such a shame as the truck's in nice shape...

Can't believe this truck is in the junkyard. For me it's good and as you've said, this truck has a good shape.

Some "other" brands I've came across down here in GA!The 358 Brockway is an early one with a 200 series dash,nice truck has a 13 speed but didn't pop the hood.

Hi Bigdogtrucker...

Are you close to the 358 Brockway? I'm just curious what the serial number is. The (2) earliest 358's we have on record are serial numbers 64048 and 64315. You mention the 200 series dash, so is the speedometer in the middle of the dash or over the steering column?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Bigdogtrucker...

Are you close to the 358 Brockway? I'm just curious what the serial number is. The (2) earliest 358's we have on record are serial numbers 64048 and 64315. You mention the 200 series dash, so is the speedometer in the middle of the dash or over the steering column?

Thanks,

Tom

I'm about a half hour away,i'll try to stop by next time i'm out that way.Not sure about the speedo,i was surprised to see the 200 series dash though.

My first pickup was a 1972 1210 Binder, 345/4 spd. Township road truck, beat to death as typical. $150 at auction. Drove it for about a year and sold it for a few bucks more(after 3 clutches....long story). It had no inner fenders, not much floorboards and drank gas like there was a hole in the tank. I was only 17 at the time.

I know a fellow in Florida that woulda scooped that General up. He is member of ATHS.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"