Iowa State Fair

Superdog

Thanks for the pics Mike. Like the overhead view of the "old" tractors. John Deere had the best looking tractors from 1963 to 1972 (first New Generation). Nice Clatterpillar too. It has been a LONG time since I was at the Iowa State Fair.

Questions - why do all your pics have a blue tint? I heard of rose colored glasses but blue? Is that your daughter next to the WM LE Mack?

What is the story on the Cat D9? Looks like a permanent display.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

No Ken,this is my daughter,Lilly.My baby girl,she'll be 14 in Oct.,where does the time go?

I have no clue about the pics,probably a combination between an old cheap camera and me taking the pics.

The Cat is on permanent display.

The 3 ATHS chapters I belong to are trying to get the 2017 convention to be at the fairgrounds in Des Moines

post-61-0-38628300-1376827233_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pics Mike. I like that Massey Harris GP, really nice restoration. You also can't go wrong with a team of Percherons! Good stuff.

The guy that used to own the local Massey Ferguson dealer restored one just like it several years ago,used to always be at the local parades and Old Threshers every year,but since his health went south,it has been out for quite awhile . I keep thinking someday it will pop up for sale .

for entry $6 x 5 =$30, wristbands for one day $30 x 5=$150 plus food and parking :thumbsdown:

OK,I see what you meant,now. It's expensive to do anything,anymore. We dropped right at $300 for the 2 of us for 2 days,but that included one nite in a motel,and our food and fuel.I couldn't imagine taking a family to somewhere like Six Flags or Disneyland. not that either would be in my top 1000 places I'd like to go.

• Like 1

The guy that used to own the local Massey Ferguson dealer restored one just like it several years ago,used to always be at the local parades and Old Threshers every year,but since his health went south,it has been out for quite awhile . I keep thinking someday it will pop up for sale .

This GP just sold in Canada last week for $15,000. Depending on condition they can range from $6,000 to $25,000 or more.

post-12015-0-93805900-1377010714_thumb.j

• Like 1