Speak'n of yearly bath time......

Freightrain

,i would have bought it BECAUSE it was a stick! LOL!............................................Mark

I told her that it being a stick did NOT scare me away. We set a meeting for Monday night and I bought it. It was not going to be a race car originally. I put a 4 spd in it a few months later. Then a local track reopened and they had a stick shift class. I was going to run my '69 F100 but talking with friends I decided to transform the wagon into a race car instead.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

A friend raced a Nomad wagon because he figured it would have better weight transfer than a hardtop. It was a 302 with Hilborn injection and ran on an 1/8th mile track. The rear gear was insane with high 6 low 7 for a ratio (Can't remember for sure). He still kicks himself for selling the car.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I do, the engine on my welder is far superior to the turd 6.5 under the hood of the welding truck.......

Ha, true those 6.5's ain't much, of course I got a 6.7cummins 240hp in this Freightliner and it will barely pull itself up a hill my welder might be close.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I can't see the stub on the column, but can it be assumed it was a "3 on the tree"?

If so, was the overdrive engaged by a pull handle under the dash?

Yup, had a lock out handle you could pull. Push it in and release throttle over 35 mph and it would go into OD. There was a button on the firewall, activated by throttle linkage that was the kickdown if you just pushed it to the floor it would kick out of OD, kinda like passing gear. As long as the handle was pulled out, it would not go into OD. When in OD, it would freewheel when you let off the gas. No drag on the engine, some kind of one way sprag/clutch set up.

Larry

Yes, looked like typical 3spd, but the tailhousing was bigger and the main case had a bump in the side. Never took it apart to know what all is inside. There was a solenoid on the tailhousing that was the kickdown to get it back to direct. The lockout cable bolted on back there somewhere also.

It sat under the bench for 12 yrs? Finally sold it to a fellow I know from racing. Gave it awayt for $150 for everything. Found out they are worth $1000?? DOH!!!

Larry