overfueling?

pmolitor

Was it white smoke or light blue fuel smoke, like from incomplete combustion due to low compression or bad injector nozzles? I dont think your egt's would get that high if you were burning water that tends to cool the cylinder temps not the other way around, same for low compression due to a bad head gasket it wouldnt get hotter it would be cooler, take the radiator cap off and rev it up see if you get bubbles, bubbles means compression in the cooling system, that and you would be getting some tannish colored peanut butter looking stuff in your cooling system, pull the coolant filter and look at it.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Just running it for testing purposes. No loads. And I back out of it before it gets past 900deg. It's climbing fast enough to tell what its going to do. Tested all the connections on the air to air with soapy water again. Have no bubbles. Smoke is definitely white. I haven't removed injectors yet. We cracked the lines at the pump at the pump, and each line made it run bad. Wouldn't it run bad if an injector was bad? It starts and runs so smooth. Did notice the air cleaner for the turbo was much dirtier than the one for the tip turbine. Probably just more suction from the turbo? Thought that was weird. On a side note...... Trying to learn how to type on an iPad sucks. Headed back out to truck to pull injectors. Will let you know what I find. Thanks for your help.

said you checked all the connections what about the cooler itself.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

TTried to pull injectors today, got the front 2 out. Second one was really wet. Third was stuck. Couldn't even get it using a slide hammer. 4th and 6th came out. 5th was stuck just as bad as number 3. Now I'm panicing. Do I have to remove the heads just to get the injectors out? I just replaced the injectors this time last year.

Use a long punch and tap them back and forth, use lots of penetrating oil. Have someone use a heel bar prying up on the injector while knocking it back and forth. Might be able to work them out that way. We have an extractor for those and they still can be a pain in the tush.

Clean the bores well, coat the injectors with anti-seize. Make sure you install the injector upper seal/gasket.

that #2 being really wet might be your problem, and if they were out just last year they shouldnt be in there that tight already.

that would explain a lot for sure, and if you force them and snap the tip off then its in the cylinder to kill your engine next time you start it, crappy deal man.

That sucks, then again good catch before id died on the road and possibly killed the block so while it sucks to do its better than having to find a block thanks to a thrown rod, now you can do it on your terms. Which those terms should include some Antrim diesel help, ya know just to make sure your getting all that 300 can give ya A nice set of 10-20% over stock injectors, 10-20% over pump, bigger turbo to keep it cool and BAM! the 300 becomes a 450!

You can get more power out of anything call em and talk it over, talks free!

• 2 months later...

Yeah, its still a fuel issue your going to have to pull the pump and have it checked then reinstall at the correct timing. Better stop running it now before you burn it up again, I remember you swapping the turbo so the air should be good so its gotta be fuel. Just out of curiosity have you checked the exhaust for a restriction like a bad muffler? Take the muffler loose at the bottom and see if anything is rusted or broken loose and blocking the flow.

had the pump checked and the timing checked. both were perfect. checked the muffler... it was clear. checking fuel lines tonight. thinking they might be collapsed. just a hunch? my ch had that problem earlier this summer. been talking with somelocal ag mechanics that are having issues with the mandated bio diesel eating up all there fuel lines.

If the fuel lines were collapsed it would starve for fuel and not get hot.