Excellent '48 LM

The hardnose radiator does make it look more rugged the softnose version.

I think I have seen one softnose LM in person and a couple in books.

Great Picture!

Jim

There were soft-nosed army LMSW heavy wreckers of the WW2 times.

post-3971-0-41961800-1373655075_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

GVW for a LJSWX is in the 50,000-55,000 range.

LM's were 60,000 plus. Also, depending on specs, LM's could get quite wide and would need permits for movement.

Jim

Thanks Jim.

Were there off road and on road versions? Strange that some would had the exhaust through the hood like an off road truck while others did not. Same thing for the width. Most of the time, the difference in width is in the axles or running 14s instead of 12s. Didn't LJSWXs come with 65s too?

Thanks Jim.

Were there off road and on road versions? Strange that some would had the exhaust through the hood like an off road truck while others did not. Same thing for the width. Most of the time, the difference in width is in the axles or running 14s instead of 12s. Didn't LJSWXs come with 65s too?

Yes, both on and off road were available. There was an LMT available which was a conventional single axle tractor and a LMU cabover rated at 36,000. The LMU brochure is dated 1945 and on the front page says that certain parts or equipment may be restricted due to the war.

Can't comment on the through the hood exhaust pipe but for offroad applications, it certainly got the exhaust out of the way.

When running 14's, I want to say the width was 106" (I think).

I will have to check on the 65,000 LJ if that was a special or standard, memory is running on empty.

post-7036-0-18415400-1373667159_thumb.jp

post-7036-0-49902700-1373667182_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.