NEW GRANITE

MP7 and an Allison that should make a great all around dump truck, and the MP7 should help your LW. Im looking forward to more info on how it runs as it breaks in with the SCR system, I dont know anyone running an SCR dump.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Id be real tempted to go with an MP7 to keep my lw down but Im kinda addicted to HP and ZTorque so I might have to go with an MP8 but I would almost definitely go with an Allison 6or7 speed and some really high 4:something or 5: something rears. I really wish they made a single OD Allison instead the top two are both OD and you just dont need that it would help the torque multiplication to go with a 1:1 top gear and a 3:65 - 3:86 rear ratio or go with a single OD and a 4:42 - 4:64 rear. none the less the Allison is the way to go if you get into congested traffic and off road situations all day.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Actually I think if I bought a new Granite for general hauling around here it would be a Set Forward axle Rawhide with, 18k taper leaf front, 16k steer tag, 44k camelback rears 4.76 ratio, MP7 405M, allison 4500RDS 6 speed, and a 16' Rogers Hardox barrel body. If I was buying one to stockpile I would go for a Set Forward axle rawhide, 18k front, two 14,600# steer tags, 44k camelback rears 4.42 ratio, MP8 505M, Mack 18 speed, and an 18.5' East smooth side aluminum dump body. All aluminum wheels and 385/65r22.5 front , 11r22.5 tag and 11r24.5 Michelin drive tires. Sounds expensive HUH?

the granites are the way to go for dump trucks . for some reason up here i dont see many gu granites i see tons of cv granites and rd models but the new granites havent caught on up here. theres a few around but not many

a local town my cousin works for just ordered there first mack . a GU713 single axle mp7 355hp 13 spd . not sure on the rear end specs . theyve had to many problems with the newer internationals so we hooked them up with the mack salesman

• 3 weeks later...

I really wish they made a single OD Allison instead the top two are both OD and you just dont need that it would help the torque multiplication to go with a 1:1 top gear and a 3:65 - 3:86 rear ratio or go with a single OD and a 4:42 - 4:64 rear. none the less the Allison is the way to go if you get into congested traffic and off road situations all day.

I know Allison's come in different flavors. For instance, an MD3060 has different gear ratios than a MD3560. I am not sure about the double overdrive, but they were designed for the different speeds/power of buses vs dumps for instance.