Has anyone used the mack red paint lately.I am just about ready to paint my B87 and I was thinking of using the Ford F1 paint, this is a really bright red.I have it on my 79 r model and it looks great but very $$$$.Does anyone have any throughts. Mike

As they said all reds are expensive. My 1972 IH has the Ford F1 on it and I really like it. Not overly bright, seems pretty fade resistant, and easy to find in all paint lines. I'm using Nason acrylic enamel in order to match the existing paint and patina. It is costing me about $55.00 per quart.

My paint supplier recently told me that he could supply a two stage red system, (primer, reducer, paint, clear coat) for about $800.00 per gallon. DuPont I assume since that is their primary product line.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

i used IH harvester red on the frame of my B61 just cause i liked the darker color than MACK red. i used single stage PPG Concept. took a gallon and half to paint it all and its around $65-$75 a pint. Jacksb61X what code did you use for your B61 for the old Mack red? i have an old Centari Acrylic enamel number somewhere but cannot find it

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

i used IH harvester red on the frame of my B61 just cause i liked the darker color than MACK red. i used single stage PPG Concept. took a gallon and half to paint it all and its around $65-$75 a pint. Jacksb61X what code did you use for your B61 for the old Mack red? i have an old Centari Acrylic enamel number somewhere but cannot find it

Will get it for you, at work now but when I get a chance will go to shop and get code.