Mighty nice looking B you have there. Why do you have to send a oil sample off?

mike

The oil analysis tells you if your engine/transmission/rears are making metal and how much and even what type, eg..bearing metal, gear metal, etc...alerts you to problems before they become expensive problems

• Like 1

The kick stand is for me-- I'm 5' 15" and still can't reach from the ground over that fender to the bottom of the lubrafiner to open the drain cock.

I will post a copy of the oil results when it back- Monday or Tuesday.

• Like 1

The oil analysis tells you if your engine/transmission/rears are making metal and how much and even what type, eg..bearing metal, gear metal, etc...alerts you to problems before they become expensive problems

Ok.......now you have my attention. Is it an oil company that the sample goes out to or some other company?

mike

There are a bunch of independent testing labs out there. I have used a couple of different ones over the years. I am currently using Blackstone. Cost is $25 plus postage, they supply the kits, cost about $5 for priority mail. There are several with affiliations with the oil companies.

Have used it for years in the vehicles that use the full synthectic oils- I nearly double the mileage on the oil change interval with the tests.