Stripping Down the Superliner

Gave up and removed straight pipes, new mufflers and tips just need to find straps for the mufflers to mount them. Have removed all tool boxes, and headboard. Getting the truck ready to have frame painted. Pictured are before and after pics

post-13513-0-74924200-1367112047_thumb.j

post-13513-0-77537000-1367112095_thumb.j

post-13513-0-31085400-1367112210_thumb.j

• Like 2

You going to leave the rack off the back, I may a couple of those straps off our old superdog.

No going to put the rack back on, it needs to be sandblasted and painted like the frame. If you have those brackets interested in them for the mufflers then I can put the shields on.

I think that truck was originally red. I think I pulled a dump trailer until chuck bought it. It's going to look great red and black, that's my favorite combo.

You are correct the truck was originally all red, had one muffler and a 10 speed. It was owned by Ram Contracting from the merrimack valley. So when the frame is done it will get that deeper darker mack red that will make the black stand out more, especialy the red of the tanks with some stripping on them for accent. Want to make the blue on the hood the same red aventually.

I always wondered about the tranny in that, I was surprised to see a gross 8ll in it. She needs a mack 18 or a 12 speed. I'm glad it ended up in good hands it has a lot of history with my family. I always loved that truck and the Tijuana taxi which was #34.

Alot of people know that truck and like you are happy to see it stayed local and is being restored, at some point i will take it back by Cappello's after I have it cleaned up. They did take very good care of the truck and I have done very little to it mechanically, did have the fuel pump turned back to the 425 hp range was maxed out. As far as the 8LL goes I do like it.