The long distance Crane Carrier "Centurion COE"

kscarbel

Mack Trucks and Brockway weren't the only U.S. truckmakers aggressively pursuing Iran's truck market in the pre-revolution days. Crane Carrier Corporation was selling an export model COE in the country. Does anyone know the model number?

Note the two different grille configurations.

Crane Carrier Corp..jpg

Crane Carrier Corp. (2).jpg

Crane Carrier Corp. - Iran (3).jpg

Crane Carrier Corp. - Iran (2).jpg

• Like 1

Mack Trucks and Brockway weren't the only U.S. truckmakers aggressively pursuing Iran's truck market in the pre-revolution days. Crane Carrier Corporation was selling an export model COE in the country. Does anyone know the model number?

I'm pretty certain those are Centurion cabovers. These were made in low-pro as well and were very popular in the refuse chassis market.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

• 2 weeks later...

A special thanks to Mr. David Raglin, the Product Support Manager at the Crane Carrier Company, for questioning their "old timers" (David has ONLY been at CCC for 25 years) to shed light on Crane Carrier's entry into the on-highway COE sleeper.

As you can see, these trucks were built for the Rotterdam to Tehran run, not a milk run by any stretch, and the same run that Mack Trucks' F-models were demonstrating their tenacity on to impressed Europeans.

An in-cab refrigerator.....in 1975.....CCC was ahead of its time.

I hope CCC's distributor was wise enough to opt for the Bostrom Levelair over the standard Viking T-Bar.

post-5381-0-08157200-1368064638_thumb.jp

post-5381-0-48626700-1368064660_thumb.jp

The new Centurion COE Tractor for 1975.pdf

The new Centurion COE Tractor for 1975..pdf

post-5381-0-22027700-1369967998_thumb.jp

The new Centurion COE Tractor for 1975 (4).jpg

Iranian Crane Carrier in Istanbul, Turkey.jpg

Iranian Crane Carrier Nahang (Whale) - Spielfeld,  Austria.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This doesn't look like the same exact model as pictured. Certified Industries had some of these as tractors and 10-wheel dumpers. Photo was sent to me from a friend.

It appears to be the steel hood version of the same truck (The other having a fiberglass hood). Thanks for taking time out to share this.

• Like 1