Wow, rare trucks the wheels look ruined and those front ones are unobtainium. I had em on my 93 CH one of the dogs was missing and nobody had em or knew where to call.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I have a set on another 93 CL, can you believe we bought the truck for the 2 front budd?

Probably got it cheaper than the wheels alone.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I'm 1993 Mack built several CL and CH trucks that were said to be limited edition. My CH was black metallic with silver metallic side skirts and frame and most of the CL's were maroon metallic with the same skits and frame. I know all of the trucks Also had wood dash's and bulldogs embroidered on the seats and leather shifter boots, all of the trucks also had chrome valve covers with gold Mack Trucks emblems(still want a set for an E9). I have seen several of the trucks and all had the Bulldog front wheels but the only time I have seen them on another truck was the red Superliner at MATS this year, and it was stud piloted and all the others I've seen were hub piloted. I know someone here has the full scoop on those wheels, I was told by one salesman a few years back that they didn't make any extras they only made enough for the elite trucks in 93.

The "CL Elite Limited Edition" was only built with either the E9 500 V8 or the E7 400. The engines were painted Jet Black with chrome valve covers that had a gold mack truck emblem on each cover. I did some work for a company that set up the Mack truck shows across Canada back then and have pictures of a "Banzi Blue one I moved into the convention center for the Toronto truck show back then. They came with all kinds of special goodies from vendors with special warranties etc. I know at one time you were able to order the Alcoa aluminum wheels with the "CL Bulldog face" embossed into the wheel a couple of years after the truck ran its production. The trucks were available in about 8 colors if I remember correctly. A guy in Guelph Ontario still has a Colippso Red ( as called by Mack for the Elite CL program) one I have been trying to get my hands on with an E7400. The Owner is aware of what a jewel he's got. They came with the plastic Gold nut covers which started to flake off within a year of driving in Canada.

The spec was pretty limited to 12 and 40's but you could order vendor trans or axles on the rig if I'm not mistaken. I did always notice every Limited Edition seemed to have a siler/grey frame, not sure if that was standard? I even have a VHS tape that was distributed for the salesman at Mack to introduce the CL Elite program to the dealers.

Friend of mine leased to Clark (Jeff Seales) had a limited edition CL "Elite",E-9 V-8 13 speed etc. had numerous problems with it,that Mack would'nt stand behind,he got fed - up dealing with it,and ended up trading it in on a Western Star he still runs now...........Mark

post-5836-0-88722800-1364649477_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.