Mid America

rsb502

Ok so who is going to the Mid America Truck Show?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Ok so who is going to the Mid America Truck Show?

To many Pete's and KW's but I'll still go & have since it started.

How many 8" pipes can you crowd into one show?

Alot of these guys are the ones that give truckdrivers a bad name.

Most of these guys have more invested in their exhaust systems than I did in my first truck.

• Like 2

I understand the thoughts on the show&shine, I look for new ideas and antique stuff. Im not taking the Superliner this year its too far on too rough a road with 44 rears and 4.64 gears. I go more for what's inside than the show n shine, there are some good deals to be had on tools, parts and toys. I haven't come back without one or five die cast trucks since I started going years ago. I was told by the Die Cast Promotions rep there were 4 Macks in the works, Pinnacle day cab and sleeper cabs in set forward and set back, fingers crossed for a Rawhide with a step deck. If there are many of us there Saturday we could set a time to meet at the Mack booth for a meet n greet, I'm always interested in meeting Mack guys.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I understand the thoughts on the show&shine, I look for new ideas and antique stuff. Im not taking the Superliner this year its too far on too rough a road with 44 rears and 4.64 gears. I go more for what's inside than the show n shine, there are some good deals to be had on tools, parts and toys. I haven't come back without one or five die cast trucks since I started going years ago. I was told by the Die Cast Promotions rep there were 4 Macks in the works, Pinnacle day cab and sleeper cabs in set forward and set back, fingers crossed for a Rawhide with a step deck. If there are many of us there Saturday we could set a time to meet at the Mack booth for a meet n greet, I'm always interested in meeting Mack guys.

I have a lot of diecast. I have a few die cast promotion pieces. I'm running out of room! My wife gets pissed. My seven year old and I went to the Westchester Toy show and always come back with 3 or 4 new pieces. I'm trying to get some stuff I had when I was a kid that I destroyed. A lot of Matchbox Superkings and Corgi pieces.

Cheers, Rob

• Like 1

I'm going, I gotta get out my truck and go look at trucks. Something not right about that!

Gotta agree with that! LOL! my wife says the same thing,i don't understand how you've spent most of your life in a truck,but STILL find time to go look at more!....................................Mark

• Like 2

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I have a lot of diecast. I have a few die cast promotion pieces. I'm running out of room! My wife gets pissed. My seven year old and I went to the Westchester Toy show and always come back with 3 or 4 new pieces. I'm trying to get some stuff I had when I was a kid that I destroyed. A lot of Matchbox Superkings and Corgi pieces.

Cheers, Rob

Running out of room myself,i don't collect any specific maker,but most of my collection is First Gear,but i also have many other makers,Corgi,Matchbox,Winross,Tonka,Buddy-L etc. i really just buy what i like,i dont have any DCP trucks,but prolly would if they do come out with more Macks. I just recently got an A-N-D Corgi B-Model wrecker,and now have my heart set on a Colonial Sand & Gravel Mack AK from First Gear. I too have tried to replace a lot of the trucks i had as a kid,just wish i had more money then time! LOL!..........Mark

Well I propose a high noon meet at the Mack booth inside for all BMT members, do I have a second?

Oh yeah noon Louisville time that's eastern.

Running out of room myself,i don't collect any specific maker,but most of my collection is First Gear,but i also have many other makers,Corgi,Matchbox,Winross,Tonka,Buddy-L etc. i really just buy what i like,i dont have any DCP trucks,but prolly would if they do come out with more Macks. I just recently got an A-N-D Corgi B-Model wrecker,and now have my heart set on a Colonial Sand & Gravel Mack AK from First Gear. I too have tried to replace a lot of the trucks i had as a kid,just wish i had more money then time! LOL!..........Mark

I hear ya. I need a whole wall with glass built ins.

If we get to go it will be for the whole show where we got time to go thru stuff and ask alot of questions. Plus go to the company booth and piss them off as well as go stalk the landstar booth and drive away any potentionals form being unhappy

I have a card somewhere for a guy that does those display cases, your dimensions, your finish I'm lookin just can't find it yet. I quoted some 6" deep 6' tall 10' long, with 3 sliding glass panels I want to say it was $800.

I have a card somewhere for a guy that does those display cases, your dimensions, your finish I'm lookin just can't find it yet. I quoted some 6" deep 6' tall 10' long, with 3 sliding glass panels I want to say it was $800.

That's pretty good. I've seen them to be very expensive.

I have'nt been to MATS in a few years,used to try and make it my "working vacation" especialy now that i'm loading out-bound from about 60 miles west of Louisville. As far as the truck show itself,only so many "goobered-up" petes and KW's i can stomach looking at! but i do enjoy the "inside" show,always something new and interesting to see! does'nt hurt theres usually some nice lookin' wimmins around too!...............................Mark

• Like 1

The show is Thurs, Fri, sat. mar. 21-23, most of the people I know go on Saturday, I'm gonna try to be there early again and I'll be at the Mack booth at noon eastern time if any other BMT ers want to meet up.

I get more free giveaways on Saturday afternoon, nobody wants to haul their stuff home.

I get more free giveaways on Saturday afternoon, nobody wants to haul their stuff home.

My thoughts exactly I found that last year that there were alot of deals satuday afternoon. If you still need another turn signal I have a new chrome one in the box up in the shop. I only had one and updated mine wth a pair of LEDs instead so I probably won't need it. I'll bring it wth me to Louisville next week if you want.

I will be there all day Thursday and Friday till noon. It turns into a real zoo on Friday afternoon and I will gone!

The guy I'm going with and I have to work all week so saturday was going to be our day trip. Otherwise I'd put that windshield in the pickup and bring i if you wanted it.

Unless something crazy happens the BMT meet n greet at the Mack Trucks booth is good to go for noon on Saturday at MATS. I should have 3 other truck guys with me one is the owner of that 69 RS wrecker I posted a week or two ago. Hope to meet some of you there I'm sure I'll have a Superliner shirt on.