Remaley Mixer on Ebay

We went to the auction when Ramaley shut down. They had two B-61's, two DM600's and three Diamond Reo's at the auction. I still have the catalog, and there was also a B-81 ("parts only") and a Sterling chain-drive. I didn't see those two, they must have been in the back, behind the plant. We ended up buying one of the 1972 Diamond Reo's, and used it as a spare for a while until we sold it back to the people who had taken over the plant, along with another 1974 Diamond Reo we had.

The paint jobs on those trucks were beautiful - it was almost a shame to repaint it. All of the lettering was painted on.

Ramaley used to be a good customer of ours! Walt was one of the owners but died several years ago...he could tell a tall tale but he was a good guy! Looks like this old mixer is a survivor!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Ramaley used to be a good customer of ours! Walt was one of the owners but died several years ago...he could tell a tall tale but he was a good guy! Looks like this old mixer is a survivor!

I thought they might have been. My Dads says Remaley always kept there trucks in nice shape and sprayed with oil. That's prob why this one is a survivor.

I don't think there was any connection to BVBS. I've seen photos of Duquesne Slag trucks that were also red and yellow or cream.

I doubt there was a connection. "Duquense Slag" are you from the area? I think I heard at one time Beaver Valley leased some trucks to Duquense Slag.

I'm not sure of the timeline. BVBS was in the yard on Second Ave under the Birmingham Bridge where Duquesne was and Arrow is now.

I grew up north of Pittsburgh and have been in NYC for the last 15 years. I still get back to visit family, and keep my own 'scrap metal' collection back there.

I'll have to find some Frank Bryan and Dravo photos that Tripp Andersen sent me.

I'm not sure of the timeline. BVBS was in the yard on Second Ave under the Birmingham Bridge where Duquesne was and Arrow is now.

I grew up north of Pittsburgh and have been in NYC for the last 15 years. I still get back to visit family, and keep my own 'scrap metal' collection back there.

I'll have to find some Frank Bryan and Dravo photos that Tripp Andersen sent me.

Bryan was there on second avenue for a few years then Arrow moved in. Last I heard Arrow got bought out by Essroc from West Virgina. My Dad was the mechanic at Silhol Builders in Bridgeville for 27 years. They were pretty much all Mack with some Brockways, an Autocar, and Advnace Front Discharge mixers. I have one picture of a Dravo DM Mixer before my dad rebuild it I'll have to scan.

I was born and raised on Long Island and lived in 3 of the 5 boro's from '85-'92. I now live south of Pittsburgh. Maybe we passed each other on the turnpike. :)

Jim