can you identify this truck ?

stephenellis

There should be a serial # tag inside the passenger door on the seat base,if this is missing,the number is also stamped on the frame, right side within the back 18 inches or so of the frame rail.As long as the frame hasn't been chopped off of the 5th wheel isn't covering it up,that's where to look.I have seen it stamped on the left side in the same location on some of the older L's,also. it should read something like LJT2D1234,or LJSW1234.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Hubs look 20's so I suppose it's of light series so might be LFSW.

Mike, correct me if I think wrong way.

By the word, NR chassis has number at the front of left rail, behind and a bit in front of Pitman arm's shaft.

Haven't heared about the same location on L-models, frames look mostly similar.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Hubs look 20's so I suppose it's of light series so might be LFSW.

Mike, correct me if I think wrong way.

By the word, NR cassis has number at the front of left rail, behind and a bit in front of Pitman arm's shaft.

Haven't heared about the same location on L-models, frames look mostly similar.

That's good to know,I'll have to check some of my L models to see if it's stamped there too.Only place I've ever looked on those has been at the rear.I always thought that it was a poor place to stamp the number as frame modifcations often covered or removed the number.

I also surprized when learned L's have it at rear.

You can see the number stamped right above the cable if make the pic large.

Sorry, haven't found a better one in 'puter.

As far as I know all NR's had it this place, NM I have also got it stamped there, although it has another frame design of uppered front end to clear front drive axle.

post-3971-0-26525500-1362511612_thumb.jp

Hi guys, got some more info on the truck. It looks like the frame number is LF but the number on the cab is LM diesel engine and after market crane on the rear.

How do I find out more about it? and are parts easy enough to come by?

p.s it has 20" rims if that helps.

Any info would be appreciated

Hi!

I'm shure ready to tell something interesting about that stuff.

Doesn't you make a picture somewhere around Edinbourgh, GB?

Paul (41chevy), would you like to look the book on page 66?

There is a very nice book by the author of Bart Vanderveen, called "The record of military Macks in the services and beyond".

I'm too lucky to have it.

Here's a page 66.

post-3971-0-71646300-1362848760_thumb.jp

Hi!

I'm shure ready to tell something interesting about that stuff.

Doesn't you make a picture somewhere around Edinbourgh, GB?

Paul (41chevy), would you like to look the book on page 66?

It's the same truck! A post WWII U.S.A.F. 54376. Wonder if it still has the GMC power pack in it? Took a bit of a beating in the 28 years since the book photo was taken. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 4 weeks later...

I am just finishing off my land rover then I will begin digging out the truck. There are 2 more that I have found but I think one at a time would be best. I already have an idea about what color to paint it but I think that's quite far in the future. I am going to keep a blog of my progress.

I'm glad you saved it. I looked at your album, it will certainly be a challenge to restore but no worse than any of my AC 's Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thank's Paul,

Going to start digging her out this weekend. Looking forward to getting her home. If you had the same sort of challenge what were the brakes like? If I can getting rolling I will save a fortune on recovery. Cant wait to start the mission. Think engine first then who knows.......