Mack-350 diesel ?'s

I've heard lots about this "Mack-350" but nothing on what engine model they are ?

Like "END" or "END-T" for example.

I'm told it makes 350hp/1,350tq for power output but nothing about Cubes or liters ?

Can these be used in place of the 673/711 diesel engines ?

Mike

1953 REO M48.

1962 GMC 3000.

1969 AMC AMX-390.

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4.

1988 AMC Jeep Comanche.

Nope a 350 would be an E6 or E7, E7 to get that torque. E7 is a 12 liter 728ci 6 cyl, very dependable engine but it won't fit where a 673 does.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

The old 2 valve 350, i believe was an ENDT677 if memory serves,is a 672 cubic inch with series intercooling.The block is the same dimensions as the 673,but has a tip turbine fan and intercooler that take up alot of room.Have seen a couple of B models that have had these put in.A good engine in the day. Steve

Most 350 2v would have a series intercooler infront of the radiator.They should be the same dimensionally as a 673,711,237 etc A 350 2v would fit into A B model but you would run into a problem with the intercooler. The radiator size of a B is way smaller than an R Model so the stock series intercooler won't fit infront of it. I seen a B Model at a show? with a 350 2v put in it but the intercooler was infront of the grill shroud with all the charge piping exposed. It didn't look to appealing to me but you have to give the give credit for trying. The only other route would be a custom intercooler, if at all possible. But like Steve said there was an air to air intercooler 350 2v, that I believe, came through in some MH cabovers that would eliminate that and would fit with no problem.

Can these be used in place of the 673/711 diesel engines ?

Mike

It depends on the application.

Oh I'm sorry I didn't post what rig.

Its a 1975 Mack M52a1 5ton 6by tractor.

It came with an ENDT-673, This truck later got the 711 replaced with a turbo charged 711 that came from a wreck '63 B81 . . .

When the oil drain plug was pulled just recently on the 711 which sat a few years, 2 gallons of water poured out !

Was kicking around the idea of picking it up and doing a little updating.

Replace the engine and transmission, and updating the wheels and tires too.

711/5psd to 350/7spd ? !

Than switching the 11.00-20s 43.7" for 12R24.5s 45.7" on painted steel wheels.

Sorta kicking tires and window shopping at the moment making sure I know a good bit of what I need to ahead of time.

Mike

1953 REO M48.

1962 GMC 3000.

1969 AMC AMX-390.

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4.

1988 AMC Jeep Comanche.

I got the wrong idea I guess the torque numbers sent me right to an E7. The 2v 350 was substantially lower on torque but should fit and with a hobby application I doubt the intercooler would be a necessity just watch the egt's. The tip turbine setup should fit in a b with some help mainly piping. An air to water aftercooler might work ok also again on a hobby truck. Seems I remember seeing a yellow B model at mid America several years back with an ETECH in it, although it was non intercooled and modified to fit, looked neat though.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I think I am confusing you, The 711 turbo came from a B-Model Mack yes.

The truck its mounted in is an Mack Military truck an M52a1 which was originally powered by an ENDT-673.

M52 series 5ton 6by truck tractor.

M52 = LeRoi-602 I6 gasser.

M52a1 = Mack ENDT-673 diesel.

M52a2 = Conti-MultiFuel 478ci.

The old owner had the 673 fail and replaced it with a 711 turbo which eventually puked out.

I wanted to know about a Mack-350 transplant ?

Mike

1953 REO M48.

1962 GMC 3000.

1969 AMC AMX-390.

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4.

1988 AMC Jeep Comanche.

I have always wanted a Mack M54 I just cant seem to find one thats not nearly destroyed.

The M54 cargo is a nice rig to, I like tractors so I am looking at M52's ;o)

I found this one, but my great uncle just snatched it up from under me. Turns out it was the exact tractor that was on the family farm and they auctioned it off on him when the farm and equipment got sold off.

So I let him have it, Now I'm back on the hunter for a M52 Mack ! If this Mack-350/7spd can be done maybe I will adjust mt search for an M52a2 Multifuel instead of altering a nice original Mack unit.

If I need more hood room I might look at an M818 tractor instead, Those have the 250hp 855ci I6 Cummins.

Mike

1953 REO M48.

1962 GMC 3000.

1969 AMC AMX-390.

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4.

1988 AMC Jeep Comanche.

Since I couldnt find a nice 54 I have almost decided to go with a newer 35a3 with an 8.3 Cummins automatic.