No air to front brakes

jackb61sx

Have an 89 Superliner RW753, we where working on the front this weekend and had pulled the drum to replace studs fro front wheel. So as we where inspecting things we thought the brakes looked to good on the front, so I climbed in hit brake and low and behold they did not move. Went under the truck and pulled lines off valve under bumper put air to line to the cam and the shoes moved. So now we need to reace lines back and find where the issue starts. Any help appreciated in sending us in the right direction

post-13513-0-07531300-1359933307_thumb.j

post-13513-0-93266000-1359933339_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Have not gotten to work on yet, The snow last weekend changed my plans spent last 4 days in a backhoe. Plan to work on this Sat, sent the truck out to have it all steam cleaned underneath so we could see what we where doing. Will let you know what we find and thanks for asking.

what did you find out? they were pluged off?

Well finaly got to work on truck today in the shop, no 30" of snow to move. I powerwashed all underneath the truck to remove all the crap and we where able to follow the line up to the new tredle valve that was added prior to my purchase. Removed the line to the front, released maxis and applied brakes and had air going to front valve, so we remoed the line at the bumper and attached again at tredle and applied brake and sure enough had air through hose to that valve, connected hose back up there and front brakes now work. We figure that something either came out of tredle valve or had something in the line. But thanks for advise and asking.....Jack

• 2 weeks later...