Looking At A Mack Truck

Hello

We are looking at a dumptruck for our farm. The truck will do grain, manure & sand.

I've found a Mack truck for sale in my region and I would like to know wich model it is? I would also like to know the usuals motors and transmissions that were put in that model? Their force and weakeness? and what to check on them before buying.

We are looking at something reliable. The trucks won't use everyday, but may be abused sometimes.

Here is the only picture I have, all I know about the truck it is a 1975 and has an aluminium box.

post-1767-1192726527.jpg

Thank you

Edited by Forcen

Hello

We are looking at a dumptruck for our farm. The truck will do grain, manure & sand.

I've found a Mack truck for sale in my region and I would like to know wich model it is? I would also like to know the usuals motors and transmissions that were put in that model? Their force and weakeness? and what to check on them before buying.

We are looking at something reliable. The trucks won't use everyday, but may be abused sometimes.

Here is the only picture I have, all I know about the truck it is a 1975 and has an aluminium box.

post-1767-1192726527.jpg

Thank you

Looks like an R or RD...could be a DM offset cab also, but I cant tell from that angle. Good choice for a dependable work truck...I can tell you more about it if you can get the vin number.

Edit: I am guessing that it is a DM by the under frame muffler...

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Hello

post-1767-1192726527.jpg

Thank you

The only way you can abuse that truck is to drain the oil and coolant and run it down the road . It looks like a

dm and may have a 20000lb front and 44000lb back axle with a 6 speed low hole mud trans and a maxidyne engine and you cant get any better for a dump truck. glenn

glenn akers

The only way you can abuse that truck is to drain the oil and coolant and run it down the road . It looks like a

dm and may have a 20000lb front and 44000lb back axle with a 6 speed low hole mud trans and a maxidyne engine and you cant get any better for a dump truck. glenn

I'll second that.

Probably has an ENDT 675 237 horsepower Maxidyne, because it appears to have the single element air filter

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

That is a DM.

Yup it is the cab & the oval muffler @ the bottom of the pipe gives it away

& A 237 & 2 Stick 6 spd is 1 good combination w/ 20k f/a & 44k r/a it ought to be an awsome truck in the dirt & mud i know the DM's we had were

good looking truck too ;)

OH Ya :WELCOME: to BMT Glad your here w/ us

later yall

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

Its a DM600 with a fiberglass front hood. As you you look at it from the front the cab should be offset to the right a couple of feet. It was a selling point of improved visibility for the driver. (similar to driving a cabover) They also made this model with a steel front. It had squared off fenders and a butterfly hood. It was considered for more severe service,The cab will still be offset on this model too. It is a nice looking unit.