Chicago R models

13 hours ago, mackey58 said:

Any progress on the old greco b 81?

It's been slow going. Right after I bought it I moved, then we were super busy with work and my girlfriend moved in.......so all good stuff but the trucks have kinda taken a back seat over the past year. They are resting quietly in the shop though. Going to do some work on the shop soon, then hopefully after that I can get back to the trucks.

IMG950919.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/6/2018 at 5:39 PM, PeterMack said:

Adelmans in Chicago had a picture on their website. Had an R model right up front, or at least what's left of one.

adelmans-chicago-truck-yard-2016b.JPG

I hate when they use those aluminum fuel tanks as "yard pontoons" !    Al  

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

On 2/13/2018 at 6:57 PM, PeterMack said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=a8b8d98f5855eef7This Hoving DM was involved in a fender bender near DeKalb.imageproxy.php?img=&key=a8b8d98f5855eef7 The F150 took the brunt of this one.imageproxy.php?img=&key=a8b8d98f5855eef7imageproxy.php?img=&key=a8b8d98f5855eef7imageproxy.php?img=&key=a8b8d98f5855eef7imageproxy.php?img=&key=a8b8d98f5855eef7imageproxy.php?img=&key=a8b8d98f5855eef7Happened last summer. I believe they lived if I remember correctly.

ford-f-150-crash-4.png

ford-f-150-crash-2.png

ford-f-150-crash-1.png

Hah-Perhaps another "ad" for  Allisons in a 25,999 lb truck.........." And you have a greater pool of drivers to choose from".  If the guy in the 150 survived for sure a miracle.   when you look at the 150 front fender up against the Mack's fender, guess where that puts the hoist?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2018 at 5:36 PM, PeterMack said:

I was out south of Freeport last month and saw this Superliner coming at me. It was about 2 degrees out that day.

IMG_20171227_112526209.jpg

I see that truck in Rochelle at the ethanol plant sometimes don't remember where it' from

Was in morris  today since I m off and I n rt6 and ashley  rd I saw a the stark granite with I load from Northfield block  it looked like block.man those trucks are always rolling wish my bosses truck were well.the #1 driver is working hopefully I get to work soon

• 2 weeks later...