Big Macks at Work

No doubt! and just think of what fun the "pre-trip" would be on this!...........................Mark

The pretrip would be NOTHING compared to the POST TRIP....my pretrips are nothing more than lights, tires, make sure the 5th wheel is still latched, air lines properly connected, dolly legs up, and roll out...usually takes about a minute or two. Post trip is where I go over the truck with a fine tooth comb...want to find anything wrong when I have time to fix it before I need to roll out again. The only exception to that rule is if I hook to a different trailer...then I go over it with a fine tooth comb to find any problems with it BEFORE I get out on the road...and since the trailer is at the yard, any problems can be fixed by the shop before I get on the road with it.

Besides, if you show time for a pretrip, it starts your 14 hour clock. If you flag a pretrip and wait until your post trip to show the time, you can extend your day beyond the 14th hour all you want on line 4....you just can't drive.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

The pretrip would be NOTHING compared to the POST TRIP....my pretrips are nothing more than lights, tires, make sure the 5th wheel is still latched, air lines properly connected, dolly legs up, and roll out...usually takes about a minute or two. Post trip is where I go over the truck with a fine tooth comb...want to find anything wrong when I have time to fix it before I need to roll out again. The only exception to that rule is if I hook to a different trailer...then I go over it with a fine tooth comb to find any problems with it BEFORE I get out on the road...and since the trailer is at the yard, any problems can be fixed by the shop before I get on the road with it.

Besides, if you show time for a pretrip, it starts your 14 hour clock. If you flag a pretrip and wait until your post trip to show the time, you can extend your day beyond the 14th hour all you want on line 4....you just can't drive.

I always show 15 min pre and 30 min post, I dont actually do a log book until I have to but when I do thats what I pencil whip in there. ( I dont haul logs, so no log book)

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I've always been tempted to bring along a couple of my old Forestry books in the truck with me. (Yes, I've got a B.S. degree in Forestry from a state university...even hauled logs for a year or so, which is the closest I've come to actually using my degree....but I digress.) I would LOVE to see the look on the DOT cop's face when he asks for my "log book" and I ask him:

"Which one you wanna see?"

Of course it'd probably confuse him...at which point I'd start handing him log books and explain, "This one will tell you how to grow the logs....this one will tell you how to measure the logs....this one here will tell you how to identify the logs....."

I've never quite had the cajones to try it though....I usually just tell 'em I ain't got one when they ask....explain the 100 air-mile-radius exemption a dozen times or so and try to talk 'em out of needing to see it. I've never been written a ticket for not showing them my log book. I only get in trouble when I hand it over...so if I can avoid that, ya damn well better believe I'm gonna try. :pat:

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I was asked by dot in a class one inspection to keep a more thorough description of my day in the log, SO.... this was my next days log when my girlfriend was riding with me. I Was hoping to get another log book check, but it never came about, I wanted to see the reaction and then explain why the detail.

post-861-0-62298300-1354156999_thumb.jpg

• Like 1