Got my check

mike69mackman

Got my insurance check in the mail today for my storm damage. Had some roof and soffit damage on my horse barn, my pool got some damage, my daughters trampoline took flight and was destroyed . We had to have the repairs to the barn right away. All the adjuster wanted was the bill and didn't ask questions. Looked at the paperwork the adjuster gave us all the money for the barn repair , replacement value on the pool even though its easily fixable and replacement value on the trampoline instead of what we paid for it originally. I was shocked. I feel fortunate that the damage we had was relatively minor. A lot of folks around me faired a lot worse. I hope everyone else affected by frankenstorm is as fortunate and does not have to battle with their ins co's.

I pay a little more for nationwide ins, but I've always had good service. Wife wanted to shop the insurance last year for cheaper rates, she's glad now we didn't.

ya,,,ya never know,,,till you need something,,,i was really impressed to hear about your speedy check,,,thats great news...bob

I pay a little more for nationwide ins, but I've always had good service. Wife wanted to shop the insurance last year for cheaper rates, she's glad now we didn't.

I'm like that. Had the same State Farm for 24 yrs now. They know me, I'm not just a number on the screen. Sometimes it's worth a few extra bucks for that, so I've never really shopped around.

Strange enough, had a roof guy stop by a month or so back after we had a little micro burst come through one evening(I lost the top of a tree is all). I told him I'm never that lucky to get anything paid for. Sure enough my roof was perfect(no storm damage), though it is at it's life end and I'm dread'n what it will cost to replace house/garage. My aluminum siding was perfect too(dammit).

Two weeks ago, my neighbors house(rental) got a whole new roof(house and garage) and it was maybe only 10 yrs old? WTH?? It had those fancy shingles on it too, which I'm sure cost more. It looked fine, and I'm sure the property owner didn't just want to blow $10K for nothing.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Well i got a wopping $350 check after my $1000 deductable from my homeowners . I have flood insurance on the structure and on contents so i am hoping they do the right thing. Due to flood water my house is gutted right now and just about everything in it was lost including my beautiful 2000 eldorado. I didnt have too much wind damage so i got my fingers crossed. I am looking at $45,000.00 To get the house back to normal, just hope i get the checks soon so i can get the rebuild done im running out of money

Local 282 Union Service