square air filter boxes

That filter is a Farr Dynacell Dry-Type air filter.They were an alternative to the old oil-bath used on many engines at the time (late 60's-early 70's).By time the mid 70's rolled around,MACK & others had switched to a dry element in the round housing like the oil baths used.I believe they were less restrictive than the oil bath also.I still see them around from time to time,mostly at antique truck shows.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Steve, by the way, when I wrote you I always wanted to wright "Steve" but I noted "Stev" in a place of your name.

Please clean this conclusion for not making conclusion by me or maybe anybody else calling you a wrong name.

On my mind round filters look better on a rounded corner R's as they are.

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Steve,

There's nothing '86 about that red R model.look at the front hubs,fuel tanks,hood,Bulldogs on the doors.'75 or '76 I'd say.

i hadnt really looked closely at it. i noticed the tanks, but then just kept going back to the square filter . . . . .

thanx.

We have a a Farr/Camfil palnt in nearby Crystal Lake,Ill. When it was built in the '50's it was the P&H Diesel engine plant.Just a little useless trivia for BMT users! :loldude:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA