Registry: B 61 dump truck

Wayne Gentry

Ok, a bit about our B 61. As I was told, the Mack was a State of Oregon truck. This spring, we bought it from a small farm in Montana, where it had been for the last ten years.I drove it home to Hope B.C., and started to strip it to the bones. My wife sandblasted the entire truck. I removed the dump, tandem rears and trannys. We are turning her into a single axel to haul our camper south in the winter.With the lo gearing she only made 45 mph, so longer legs were in order. We want to keep the END 711, cause it is the heart of this dog! Put in a fuller RTO 15 and 3:90 diff, with 1100 22.5"s. Should give us 100 KPH at 1500 RPM. We were lucky it has front brakes and power steering. A 14 ft flatdeck will hold the camper. Paint will be the new Mack engine red, with black fenders . With a little luck and a lot of work, we will take her south this fall!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Update on our B-61, We have finished the sides on the flatdeck, secureing the camper in and providing plenty of storage for Marilyn's rocks and equipment! I get some room too! LOL We have embarked on another trip south, hope all goes as well as last year.

This looks great what's the deal with the rocks and equipment?

Rob

• 4 weeks later...