as the sentimental value .

it would definetly stay

if it was my grandads truck.

that's why mine is going to be blue with black fenders

instead of red with black fenders. I didn't want it to look the same

because it's

not. Steve

• Like 2

I agree, if you can find a way to keep , please do so. I bought a 68 Dodge Charger when I was 18 off a guy who was getting married at the time. We became good friends because of it, but he totally regretted it and divorced 5 yrs later. I still have the car btw.

I also found, with the help of a good friend, the very first Brockway I ever saw, which was owned by someone who was an idol to a young kid, then more like a big brother later on and now. Anyway, he sold it in 1982, and lost track of it, till 2007. I finally finished a deal in Nov 2010. Bought another 761 b4 finding the original one i wanted, as had given it up as being scrapped. Not the same, sentimental value and feelings are priceless. It will be restored to the last time I saw the truck back in 1982.

Clay

• Like 1

Heres a picture of the first truck i ever drove,wish i still had it now,i spent a lot of time in it for sure! 1963 B-61T END 673,triplex it was an old Hess Oil truck we bought at auction for $800.00 and drove it home! we spent a couple months going over it both mechanically and cosmetically i was taking auto shop/ body work shop in school at the time and i did all the bodywork and painted it over the summer. This was MY truck! and some of the best memories i have (profession-wise) were spent in this truck,riding with my grandad and father,and eventually learning to drive in it. I spent pretty much all summer spotting trailers and running locally for next to nothing,but would'nt trade it for the world now!............................Mark

post-5836-0-52102400-1349725428.jpg

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Heres a picture of the first truck i ever drove,wish i still had it now,i spent a lot of time in it for sure! 1963 B-61T END 673,triplex it was an old Hess Oil truck we bought at auction for $800.00 and drove it home! we spent a couple months going over it both mechanically and cosmetically i was taking auto shop/ body work shop in school at the time and i did all the bodywork and painted it over the summer. This was MY truck! and some of the best memories i have (profession-wise) were spent in this truck,riding with my grandad and father,and eventually learning to drive in it. I spent pretty much all summer spotting trailers and running locally for next to nothing,but would'nt trade it for the world now!............................Mark

wow,,,excellant,,im with you guys,,,id be pissing myself to get ahold a something like that,,,..bob

Keep the truck. Buy some lumber and nails and fix up the barn. Tarp the roof or add some single coverage rolled roofing. It's cheap and ugly but it keeps the water out. Put some posts up to shorten the distance the existing roof has to support its weight. If you sell it, you will never get it back or another like it. Honor your family and keep it running regularly. An engine sitting is an engine going bad. I bet you can get things in good shape for a hundred bucks and some used lumber and nails.

You will be glad you did.