Superdawg Whats It Worth? 98k Miles

I have a guy wanting to buy my Super Dawg, I know some body will say...as much as you can get, but wondering what it is worth. 1989 RW713 E9-450 V8, 8ll, 5.02 ratios Crd 112 & 113 rears, 24.5 rubber, 98k ORIGINAL MILES! Always been a lowboy tractor, has two line high and low pressure wetline, Dual breathers, spotlights etc from the factory, 50k rear on daytons color keyed with chrome lug and brake drum nut covers, 36"toolbox on pass side , polished wetline tank on drivers side, Factory AC converted to 134a, The original mufflers got a few holes in the bottom and I just put the tops on the elbows temporarily and its been that way for a year and a half, Needs stacks and better fenders, not a show truck, not a single rip or tear in the original seats, plastic around radio overhead is cracked and door panel armrest on drivers side has a tear from my dog, I run it daily now have accumalted about 10k miles on it in the past 2 months, whats it worth heavy built high horsepower tracor lowmileage, but 18 year old. Thanks Rob

post-1011-1187666344_thumb.jpg

post-1011-1187667150_thumb.jpg

It sounds like a real nice tractor. The miles sure are right.

I think it is too new and unusual to get information from us. Most of us on this forum are really amateurs and hobbyists, and our information is sometimes opinionated and quite often it is dated.

You might consider paying for a real appraisal from a professional or getting prices from a couple of dealers, especially a Mack dealer who encourages used truck sales. A least then you have an educated guess of where you should be priced.

Also look at websites like "TruckPaper", or "TruckTrader" to see what other people are asking.

And when all the talking is over - it has to make you happy also.

Best of Luck,

Paul Van Scott

Its a great looking mack and I Would think again about selling it. but to each his own. looks like It has many of the factory bells and wistles that everyone wants. and heavy haul. that adds to the price grately. It just depends how bad someone wants it. list it high and if it sells you got a good sale price. If not its still yours to sell later. I would think 50K is about what most people would pay. so try for the big spenders and list it for 60K+ Just a fyi these old rare trucks seam to becoming collector pices. It may be nice some day down the road to just say you have one ....just for bragging rights!!!! :mack1:

• 2 weeks later...

Just an indicator: I bought a 93' Superliner with a 400 electronic Econodyne, 8LL, 44k mack rears on camelback. Extremely clean and 168K miles. Looks very very similar to yours except has factory dual exhaust and only has r/s air cleaner. I paid 49k last October for it, and it was worth every dime. So it is a little newer than yours, but higher mileage and a 6 cylinder. I'd like to talk to you about yours...800-736-9486 Pat Barber in Charleston, SC

• 2 weeks later...