1953 mack firetruck

mack mhe9

Nope, missed him picking on you. Did you see the nice Type 75A in the pictures though? And did you notice that three of the first place winners were from ODHFS in VA?

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Hi F.W.D. No, was unaware of it as I am mainly into Mack dumps and tractors, but do love these old Ahrens. Two town here on the Cape still have one each and use then in parades, etc. Hyannis lost all theirs in trades but tracked one down and rebought it and brought it back to life. My town never let the last one go, thank god, as they did the first two. I love to hear the power those engines have. Are you familiar with Maxims that were built in Middleboro, MA? Paul

RONCETTI

Paul, The first fire truck I ever drove was a maxim....it was from the early eighties. It was a great size for a city truck......easy to get around busy streets.....unlike today trucks that seem to get bigger and bigger each year. My department actually still has a maxim as a reserve piece......slower than slow.......embarrassing when the ladder beats us to a call but that doesn't happen often. I like all of the old trucks....International.....Mack.....Maxim......FWD........E.t.c.........the fox in the picture looks cool.....must have been something back in the day! I just happened across the Mack I bought.......and with all the great people on this site helping me out it made the decision easy for me......Thanks again to all.

• Like 1

Very familiar with Maxims. Almost bought an F-Model back in 2000. Glad I didnt, got my '58 F.W.D. instead which has major league sentimental value as it was delivered new to my volly company when it was new, it was the truck my father trained to drive on (he was 17 when it was delivered) and it was the first firetruck I ever rode on when I was three; dad took me to a parade on it.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Hi FWD, WOW, Quite a history you have with it. I am partial to them to as I remember the Boston Fire Dept. had a number of them in the inner city when I was going to college up there back in 1961. They also had mainly Seagrave Ladder trucks, but I do remember seeing a ladder truck with the tractor being a FWD. Paul

RONCETTI

Hey FWD, Ive been meaning to ask you.....there was a 1958 Fwd truck up for sealed bid in PA. Do you know what it sold for or what condition it was in? I Thought about putting a bid in but it was just to far....chief was really nice sent me a bunch of pictures and info.Looked good in the pictures...Thanks

Hey FWD, Ive been meaning to ask you.....there was a 1958 Fwd truck up for sealed bid in PA. Do you know what it sold for or what condition it was in? I Thought about putting a bid in but it was just to far....chief was really nice sent me a bunch of pictures and info.Looked good in the pictures...Thanks

I have no idea- do you know where? What company?? Model? Pump/Tank size? Power/tranny?

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS