The Procter Co

heavyhauler

Very nice truck and story, i've seen the truck in a few phases during restoration at Matt's Holiday party, in the early spring and the first time at a show in Bethlehem,CT. I like the fact that you kept the truck original to the company who owned it as far as colors/lettering etc.

Neat story.

I've been after the previous owner of my B to get me pictures and some story behind it. Since he has now sold off the business he's on to semi-retirement and I don't get to see him much. I still bug him whenever I run into him. Someday......

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Gentlemen:

Thank you for your comments and encouragement. I apologize for the delay in replying to your posts but I am currently on a business trip in Japan. A large typhoon is passing to the east of Tokyo so God knows when I'll get out of here. I need some help to find additional info on the Procter Co and the B-813SX. Unfortunately, when the company closed its doors and the auction had finished, all of the papers, photos, contracts etc were thrown in a dumpster. If you know of anyone with some info, I will chase down all leads. Send me an email or call 800-495-1678 24/7 and leave a message. You can also send me a fax at 716-774-8708.

Best regards,

John

• 1 month later...
Gentlemen:

Thank you for your comments and encouragement. I apologize for the delay in replying to your posts but I am currently on a business trip in Japan. A large typhoon is passing to the east of Tokyo so God knows when I'll get out of here. I need some help to find additional info on the Procter Co and the B-813SX. Unfortunately, when the company closed its doors and the auction had finished, all of the papers, photos, contracts etc were thrown in a dumpster. If you know of anyone with some info, I will chase down all leads. Send me an email or call 800-495-1678 24/7 and leave a message. You can also send me a fax at 716-774-8708.

Best regards,

John

Beautiful truck and story John! I could read history about old trucks and contractors all day long. Thanks for the story. Doug

• 2 months later...
Just got my "Double Clutch" today.Good story,though sad,about the Procter Company.Just a great restoration of the B-813SX though.What a tough truck!

Sad indeed for a 100 year old company. The current story is much larger than was published in Double Clutch but I hope you enjoyed what they put together. The editor did not use everything that I sent to him and they made some rearrangements that I had no control or discussion about. It will be interesting to see how the much larger version appears in the WOT.

Best regards,

John

• 6 months later...
I also want to thank you for restoring the tractor to the way it was. I really enjoyed the stories and pictures in both D.C. & W.O.T.

It has been a labor of love, so to speak. Someone at the Macungie show has promised to send pictures of the Pine Creek Railroad that I have not seen before so that might be an interesting addition. Once again, the WOT editor chose to use only a small amount of the 54 pages that I have assembled so at this point, I think its time to publish it as a book. I'll keep you posted. I don't get a chance to drive it much so I managed to take it for a spin around the park on Sunday morning after most folks had left. Very enjoyable indeed. This situation is about to change quickly.

Best regards,

John

John,

The story in WOT reads very well indeed!

Congratulations to both you and to Matt and his crew.

Everyone outdid themselves with an outstanding project.

Will we get to see the truck at Batavia later this summer?

That would be a fairly short drive for you.

All the best.

Paul Van Scott

Paul:

I will try to get it to Batavia but we have had some issues getting a title for the truck. It may not happen this year but certainly next year. We are also working on a 1983 MH with E9, 9 speed, 4:19 rears, Newway air ride suspension and an air ride cab. I have always liked cab overs in general and Mack COE's in particular so I hope this should be a nice truck when we're finished. I just bought a Mack fire truck too but that will stay in storage until next year.

Best regards,

John