Mack CF600 Fire Engine Fan Just Saying Hello!

RWC130

Welcome aboard.

You've come to right place for assistance in your restoration. There are quite a few members on here that know practically everything there is know about Macks and fire apparatus, unfortunately I'm not one of them. I'm just a "filler", kinda like bread crumbs in a meatball.

Jim

Welcome aboard.

You've come to right place for assistance in your restoration. There are quite a few members on here that know practically everything there is know about Macks and fire apparatus, unfortunately I'm not one of them. I'm just a "filler", kinda like bread crumbs in a meatball.

And I'm like the ketchup on the top that squeezes out between your teeth when you chomp down, or the chigger in your belt line, or a tick on your asscheek burrowing in etc......

Welcome to the site. We actually have several knowlegeable folks with the fire apparatus and parts availability/vendors.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Welcome

I can't help. Kinda like a fluffer here.

Do y'all still go to the Mahopac parade?

And the others in the area? can't remember them all

Carmel, South salem, Brewster

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

WOW!

First post and it includes several good photos! I don reed sos good - dem fotos hep me lots

Looks like you have a great project started - do either of you have kids? Try and get them involved. I will rent you some if you want............

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys, thanks for all the positive feedback. Sorry for the delay.

I've been enjoying some vacation time down the New Jersey shore.

As far as the question about the body. Yes it was changed. You will see when the truck was lime yellow

it had hard suction hoses on the drivers side and a ladder mounted on the passenger side with lower compartments.

Not a lot of room for equipment. When it was sent out to be refurbished they custom made a new body (rear) with more compartments. They also painted the truck red/white.

UPDATE: Got a nice Federal Signal AeroDynic Lightbar on the truck now. Looks good!

The truck will be making a return to the Peekskill, NY area on Saturday September 15, 2012 for the Westchester County Convention Parade hosted by the Lake Mohegan Fire Department.

I will take some more photos tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice Rig!! I am surprised that it made it all this way without the bell disappearing-- they are usually the first thing that becomes a souvenir. The bell on it is not a Mack (Rostand) bell but is more like a bell used on early horsedrawn apparatus, especially a steam fire engine. The swinging type mount is the key. In some cases, fire companies move bells from older apparatus to each new replacement.

Your paint work is looking good!! Enjoy the rig.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...

I have the same rig but it's a different type of Fire Tender. Anyway. I have a overheating problem because I don't know how to open the shutters in front of the radiator. I don't know if they are air actuated or electric. Or if there is a manual way to do it. Any help on this?