U Model for Vinnster

I was cruising through a junk yard last week, and I found this and I thought of you know who..........

It is number U60494, pretty much rusted away.

post-6658-0-90551500-1343136118_thumb.jp post-6658-0-05962400-1343136135_thumb.jp

post-6658-0-34000100-1343136145_thumb.jp

If you don't want lot lizards sneaking into your cab at night, you just foam the door shut:

post-6658-0-17871400-1343136164_thumb.jp

The same place also had these ol' gals:

post-6658-0-27384800-1343136283_thumb.jp

post-6658-0-32767700-1343136308_thumb.jp

This old feed truck looks good from 20 feet away............

post-6658-0-63160100-1343136387_thumb.jp

When you get up close, you see this:

post-6658-0-76821500-1343136374_thumb.jp Text book example of splayed frame from rust.

These trucks were at Trump Trucks in Kahoka, Missouri. They are great to deal with for parts. I bought a hydraulic digger motor and a pin on bucket for a crane and they offer good prices and they were carefull taking them off. I got a bunch of photos of other makes, I will post them on another thread to keep them separated from these fine Macks.

• Like 1

Vinn - I made offers on all the Macks, but I bet they don't take them - they know their business well and they will make more money parting them out than selling them for scrap. At least they will go towards keeping other Macks on the road. It was interesting watching what they did scrap. They had a trackhoe loading scrap trailers while we were there and it was mainly IHC 1600's and other lighter duty stuff, plus things like frames, and rusted out cabs that had been stripped.

Vinn - I made offers on all the Macks, but I bet they don't take them - they know their business well and they will make more money parting them out than selling them for scrap. At least they will go towards keeping other Macks on the road. It was interesting watching what they did scrap. They had a trackhoe loading scrap trailers while we were there and it was mainly IHC 1600's and other lighter duty stuff, plus things like frames, and rusted out cabs that had been stripped.

Oh, OK, thanks Olive.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

I see lots of good parts on that U, and maybe you could get it going again!!!

Call me blind but the mirrors and brackets were the only good parts I spotted . . . . . . stack and marker lights looked clean but readily available aftermarket locally . . . . .

maybe it was the angle camera :banana:

Hmmm, how bout a passenger door ? ? ? ? ?. . . . no wait GLUED SHUT :whistling:

VIN, I'll come out and say it : You're far more ambitious than me if you wanna get that one running! Hats off to you! :notworthy:

I like the use of spray foam on the door of the U model. We had a guy that used to come by and have us work on his old Superliner. If it wasn't for spray foam and blue silicone his poor old truck would have fallen into a pile of rust, grease, and dirt. -Brad

Call me blind but the mirrors and brackets were the only good parts I spotted . . . . . . stack and marker lights looked clean but readily available aftermarket locally . . . . .

maybe it was the angle camera :banana:

Hmmm, how bout a passenger door ? ? ? ? ?. . . . no wait GLUED SHUT :whistling:

VIN, I'll come out and say it : You're far more ambitious than me if you wanna get that one running! Hats off to you! :notworthy:

Put a little ether (starting fluid) in there, shed fire right up.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Sorry.

While we are on grammar: "she'd" shows ownership, possession, or places emphasis to a phrase.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Friend of mine recommended I try that with a pig I met at local tavern a few weeks back, gotta say it took more than a little but he was right! SHE fired right up :banana:

Little "Barnyard Frolicing" there eh?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Wasnt there a member looking for a spring shackle for a u model? You think this has it?

Yes and hopefully the post will help them out.

Rob

Friend of mine recommended I try that with a pig I met at local tavern a few weeks back, gotta say it took more than a little but he was right! SHE fired right up :banana:

Little "Barnyard Frolicing" there eh?

Rob

Just remember what happens in the "hay" stays in the "hay" ;)

pssst. I used "codes" to avoid offending any audiences :whistling:

Shouldn't the vin begin with U686....?

Given that engine is intercooled, and assuming the engine is original to the chassis, I'd assume so.

Rob

snapback.pngRob, on 24 July 2012 - 08:08 PM, said:

eat her.

Methinks I've been violated.

Ahhh, but did you enjoy, or derive satisfaction from the so called violation?

Rob