Brockway Site

bulldog man

• 1 month later...

Yeah, Brockway made some neat looking trucks. I like the short hood , tall looking conventional,don't know what model it is.I still see A few around occasionally.Montague-Betts, A structural steel fabricator in Lynchburg,had a couple of Brockway cabovers with the F-model cabs.They went out of business years ago,then Hirschfield Steel moved into their old plant,then they left,now it's occupied by Banker Steel.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

• 2 months later...

Cool site. When I first came to work a Mack dealer back in 87 we had 2 old striped (mint condition)Brockway cabs out back in the bone yard. They looked like F-models but said brockway, one was lime green, the motors were missing, an old timer that was working here at the time said that one had a Scanny? motor in it. I'll never forget that lime green cab, sadly the cabs went to the crusher.

Cool site. When I first came to work a Mack dealer back in 87 we had 2 old striped (mint condition)Brockway cabs out back in the bone yard. They looked like F-models but said brockway, one was lime green, the motors were missing, an old timer that was working here at the time said that one had a Scanny? motor in it. I'll never forget that lime green cab, sadly the cabs went to the crusher.

Mackpro68 I do not think any Brockway 400 series came with a Scania Engine. The Scanny was offered in the low cab coe MB Series,I never saw a Scanny in a F Model Mack that is not to say it was not ever offered.

• 1 year later...
Mackpro68 I do not think any Brockway 400 series came with a Scania Engine. The Scanny was offered in the low cab coe MB Series,I never saw a Scanny in a F Model Mack that is not to say it was not ever offered.

Hi all,

Please don't forget who provided :mack1: with their V8 engines!!! Scania did!

Joe

Hi all,

Please don't forget who provided :mack1: with their V8 engines!!! Scania did!

Joe

No so sure of that. The early Scania V8 used the same individual cylinder head setup like they do today. Mack used a four head setup from the get go on the 864 just like the E9. Scania might have helped Mack with the V8 but there is no hard evidence.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

I learned to drive in a 1959 Brockway 10 wheel dump truck my grandfather owned in 1969 in his gravel pit in Central NY. Had a Cummins diesel engine and 5x3 transmission. Pelnick Wrecking in Whitesboro, NY had 4 Brockway tractors they pulled dump trailers and lowboys with in the early 1970's. Tough old trucks.

• 9 months later...

Joe,

Mack owned Brockway from 1956 to 1977 - when Mack closed Brockway down in 1977, Mack Trucks Australia were fortunate enough to be able to obtain the dies to the cab on the old 527 series and made the cab for this, the MIR700:

3/4 RHS:

0819081459-00.jpg

Head on:

0819081459-01.jpg

This is the 527's cab on a R785RST chassis!

Joe (huppypuppy)

were brockway trucks part of mack trucks my friend has one hes parting out and the cab looks just like his r model mack doors and everything mount just like it would fit on the mack. joe

Brockways used vendor parts no Mack stuff to my knowledge.It was a wholly owned subsiduary run seperately.The late Brockway and R cabs look the same but they are not.There are differences in the cowls and maybe the doors.this was discussed on the Brockway site a while back.I don't know if the entire cab would fit on a R model.

I think the Brockway cabs were made by Budd.Scheller Globe my mistake

pete

Edited by Pete