How Can I check The liner Seats And is it posible that disiel can come frome the top of the liners down through into the antifreeze still havent located the sorce of fuel into the antifreeze heads checked out OK pressure tested Magnifluxed no crackes in heads

Changed Head Gaskets Twice still having problems antifreeze Turned a whisky color drained it foamed up like diesel , Don’t Have a fuel heater on it Had the oil pan off pressure tested no antifreeze seeping down not getting antifreeze in the oil replaced all injector seals don’t know if that was the cause of diesel in my oil or not

The injectors are inside the head under the valve covers.

This may be a longshot but the return fuel from the injectors runs in a gallery machined in the cylinder heads.

I don't know how thorough a pressure test was made on the cylinder heads, but maybe could be leaking internally in one of the heads???

This is the closest place that I can think of that these two fluids get to each other in this motor???

This is a real puzzler to say the least!!!

Ron

When I Pressure Tested fore antifreeze getting into the fuel I ran the motor up to 180 degrees pulled the crossover line between the heads off pressurized the antifreeze up to 20lbs and there was no fuel being forced out the fuel line holes I’m going to reverse the test by applying air to the fuel and looking for air bubbles in antifreeze

The date of the truck is supposed to be 1997, that would make it an E7 not an E6 so it would have the half wet-.half dry sleeves.

Ron

heh,,,had a feeling someone was gonna say that,,,latest one i worked on was a 73.lol.bob

heh,,,had a feeling someone was gonna say that,,,latest one i worked on was a 73.lol.bob

Don't feel bad I had a truck with an E6-350 4V broke down in Fla. one time with water getting into the crankcase

was told by a garage we had look at the truck that it was a bad liner seal.

I told the guy on the phone that E-6's were dry sleeve engines not wet sleeves, he didn't know what to say!!!

Told him to please leave our truck alone.!!

Needless to say we brought the truck home on a lowboy, fixed it in our own shop, was the oil cooler bundle!!!

Very scary sometimes-----the people that you get to try to work on these things!!!

Ron

Don't feel bad I had a truck with an E6-350 4V broke down in Fla. one time with water getting into the crankcase

was told by a garage we had look at the truck that it was a bad liner seal.

Needless to say we brought the truck home on a lowboy, fixed it in our own shop, was the oil cooler bundle!!!

Very scary sometimes-----the people that you get to try to work on these things!!!

Ron

you know i dont have much faith in most of these shops nowadays,,,sure aint like it used to be.lol...i guess nothing is,,,im anxious to see what this guys problem winds up being,,,as i said i wasnt aware mack went to wet sleeves.bob

HA freind of mine was just telling me about his freind that took his diesel pick up into a small shop for a tune up. They charged him 900 doolars for the repairs and showed him laying in the bed of the truck his old dist cap and plug wires.And said the spark plugs look good.

glenn akers

I put Back together still got issues run it for around 250 miles didn't show any problems till I got to the mountains went through a gallon of antifreeze in 50 miles after it got up to 200 degrees toped it up left the cap loose didn’t use any more So i figure it has to have a cracked head I put some sealer in the antifreeze for head cracks and blocks didn't figure it would work surprised me it did over 2000 miles so far with the cap tight no signs of any problems yet

• 2 weeks later...

I cant think of any reason the two would come into contact unless there was a cracked head as stated before the galleys in the head for fuel and coolant are pretty close and a small crack under boost pressure and heat, like pulling hills would open the crack and force antifreeze under steam pressure thru any fissure.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"